Associate Electrical and Automation Engineer
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Provide technical support for the electrical and automation systems of the factory. Responsible for maintaining the hardware and software process control systems including associated instrumentation. Issue, maintain, and update related documentation to be in compliance with pertinent change control documents. Small-to-medium scale project management responsibilities include administering upgrades/modifications/new installations to maintain and increase operational efficiency of the plant processes and utilities. Assist Maintenance, Production, Project Engineers, and Calibration Technicians with technical training and troubleshooting equipment problems.
• Conduct estimation, and execution of small to medium scale maintenance and investment projects for factories.
• Develop and implement project descriptions, plans, timelines, resources requirements, costs and other associated project details.
• Interface with vendors, develop bid specifications, execute design reviews and factory acceptance testing.
• Oversee installations and verify compliance with NFPA, OSHA and Nestle GI's.
• Consult with multi-skilled Electrical technicians, (MSE), to implement preventive maintenance
• Strategically manage automation lifecycle
• Support Engineering Functional Compliance, (EFCA).
Maintenance of Systems:
• Provide primary technical support and troubleshooting support to maintain the existing electrical and automation systems
• Provide corrective measures to existing electrical and automation systems for maximum reliability and up-time.
• After hours and weekend coverage call support for assigned areas of the plant.
Incident / Breakdown / Process Upset Investigation:
• Root cause analysis and resolution using Basic Problem Solving sysetms
• Troubleshooting and general assistance to conduct unplanned interventions to support factory uptime.
• Practice and train others on proactive solution-based maintenance fundamentals to increase performance and reduce technical stoppage.
• Support training needs through identification, participation, and facilitation
• Assist with maintenance project scope development and execution by conveying technical experiences and opinions.
• Facilitate task or project work through effective communication
• Solicit plant associates' experiences and opinions for project execution and development
Change Control and Documentation:
• Ensure that guidelines and procedures are followed for software changes, clear change definition and appropriate testing procedures are developed and executed.
• Ensure that process descriptions, P&IDs, and other documentation are updated when a change is implemented.
• Manange Automation program versions using appropriate factory revision system
Safety and Environmental:
• Follow factory safety & environmental objectives & targets
• Follow the plant safety rules; report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water etc. Will also recycle all appropriate materials (paper, plastic, food, etc.)
• Follow factory food safety, quality objectives & targets
• Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices; report food safety and quality issues immediately.
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to Nestle Quality Management System on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as indicated on QMS, OJT's and SOP's that apply.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
One of the following is required as a minimum:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
• 2 years of power, control, or automation technical experience in related industrial field.
Required: Experience with running small to medium sized projects, troubleshooting industrial\\process control systems (PLCs, component operator interfaces, and HMIs), all aspects of electronics/electricity, power\\control voltages, instrumentation, electro-pneumatic control devices, and Allen Bradley Variable Frequency Drives (VFD). Also, familiarity with Ethernet, DeviceNet, Rockwell Software RSLogix 5\\500\\5000, ControlLogix PLC processors, and PanelView Plus.
Additional experience with Siemens S5 or S7, Safety Circuits and Systems, PLC interfacing with Wonderware Application Server (ArchestrA)\\MES, and batch control systems. Experience with Power Distribution systems (8320V and below).
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Ability to mentor and lead others to build competencies of the technical team
• Above average communication and project management skills (written and oral)
• Problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project required; SAP and AutoCAD experience is preferred
• Working knowledge of industrial electricity 480 VAC (3 Phase) control systems, and MCCs
• Understands principles of QMS, HACCP, and SOPs
• Competency with the following:
• Allen Bradley PLCs:
• Able to go online and decipher logic and how it functions.
• Able to develop programs to add functionality to process\\utility equipment
• Industrial Networks - Ethernet, DeviceNet, Profibus, etc. - design, set up, configuration, and troubleshooting
• Wonderware Intouch HMI - troubleshooting and modification of screens, etc.
• Legacy PanelView, PanelView Plus, etc. - Development, configuration, and troubleshooting
Apply for Associate Electrical and Automation Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly