Supply Chain Optimization Analyst
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the culinary capital.
We are writing a new chapter in our journey; Nestlé USA is opening its new U.S. headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, directly across from Washington, D.C. As a part of this extraordinary moment, you have the opportunity to help build the Nestlé USA of today, and tomorrow.
Our new home in the D.C. area offers close proximity to world-class restaurants, shopping, and museums. You are steps away from the world's largest museum, the Smithsonian, and renowned national landmarks such as the Washington Monument.
Nestlé USA is transforming what we do, how we do it, and where we work. Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career.
Discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you.
Supply Chain Optimization Analysts are responsible for developing models, optimization tools and reports and driving
continuous improvement initiatives within the Supply Chain Function. As an Operations Research/Supply Chain Business Analyst, you will be responsible for researching, developing, and implementing quantitative models to improve operating efficiency, reduce cost and increase revenue. As an internal consultant,
You will participate in performing data analysis, and generating reports to address business needs under the guidance of a senior member of the team.
Analyze the physical distribution system to ascertain whether it is functioning according to the needs and objectives of the company. Participate as a data analyst in the selection of sites for plants, distribution centers, pool points and cross docks. Participates in the determination of warehouse size, product mix, and the general market area.
Assists in evaluation and monitoring of transportation and distribution oriented costs. Work collaboratively to develop math models to solve supply chain business problems under the supervision of an Optimization Scientist or Principal.
Develops tools for use both within the department and across the company that promote continues improvement within the Supply Chain
Analyzes manual and computer produced reports for accuracy, timeliness, and pertinence. Summarizes data for use in commentaries to divisions, subsidiaries, branches and departments. Ad-hoc project work.
EQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• A graduate degree in industrial engineering, operations research, or a related engineering and management discipline
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• Minimum 2 years of demonstrated experience in applying operations research techniques to industry problems
• Minimum 1 years of experience using a commercial optimization solver, e.g. CPLEX/Gurobi and/or
• Minimum 1 years of experience with off-the-shelf network optimization software, e.g. Llamasoft, LogicNetPlus
• Strong knowledge of operations research techniques.
• Experience in formulating and implementing optimization models
• Very strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills
• Experience with developing heuristics for complex operational and management problems
• Experience with SQL and relational databases.
• Strong modeling and programming experience with Access and Excel/VBA.
• Ability to communicate effectively through oral presentations and written reports
• Good interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of software development methodology is a plus
• Candidates with experience in manufacturing, distribution and transportation industry are preferred
Apply for Supply Chain Optimization Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly