Finance Manager (Corporate Reporting)
Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the culinary capital.
We are writing a new chapter in our journey; Nestlé USA is opening its new U.S. headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, directly across from Washington, D.C. As a part of this extraordinary moment, you have the opportunity to help build the Nestlé USA of today, and tomorrow.
Our new home in the D.C. area offers close proximity to world class restaurants, shopping, and museums. You are steps away from the world's largest museum, the Smithsonian, and renowned national landmarks such as the Washington Monument.
Nestlé USA is transforming what we do, how we do it, and where we work. Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career.
Discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you.
This position is responsible to report and analyze the consolidated financial results to local management, the Nestlé Group management and to provide support on financial reporting requirements to internal customers. The manager will work with cross-functional teams throughout the organization to ensure accurate and timely delivery of requirements and consistent use of Nestlé's reporting policies and systems.
Applying a solid understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (US GAAP) and/or International Accounting Standards (IAS), this position gathers and interprets financial information effectively and forms data into meaningful and concise analyses while considering a broad range of interdependent issues. Identifies areas for change and makes recommendations while managing multiple demands and competing priorities. Provides guidance for proper accounting treatment as questions arise from the business.
This position manages a staff of financial analysts; ensuring adequately trained resources to meet all reporting requirements and for further development of the team members.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY OUTPUTS
Analyzes and reports consolidated financial results. Financial reporting requirements include actual results (monthly, quarterly, and annual). Users include local management and Nestlé Group management. Works closely with the operating divisions and corporate functional groups, and business contacts at the worldwide headquarters.
Researches and interprets financial reporting guidelines and provides guidance to operating divisions and functional groups, as needed.
Coordinates information requests related to interim, year-end, and Nestlé Holdings, Inc. audits
Provides Magnitude financial reporting support and guidance to Nestlé Professional USA, Nestlé Nutrition, and others, as required
Coordinates with Nestlé affiliates to ensure accuracy and consistency in reported intercompany results.
Coordinates users' requests for ad-hoc financial reports and analysis.
Other projects/duties as assigned.
• BA/BS with major in Accounting or Finance, or BA/BS degree with coursework up to and including intermediate accounting
• Minimum of 5-7 years experience in Accounting/Finance
• Willingness to relocate for career advancement
• CPA, CMA, CFM, CCE, MBA
• Food industry experience
• Hands-on knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (US GAAP) or International Accounting Standards (IAS) assumptions, principles and constraints (i.e. economic equity, going concern, monetary unit, periodic reporting, historical cost, revenue recognition matching, full disclosure, cost-benefit relationship, materiality, and conservatism)
• Working knowledge of budget preparation and forecasting for cost centers / balance sheet accounts
• Working knowledge of financial concepts & principles including cash flow, NPV, IRR, ROI, Economic Profit, etc.
• Computer skills: MS Windows including intermediate Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; basic Access, and working knowledge of SAP