As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of five business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain, Technical and Productions and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
Choose a career in Technical & Production and you'll be part of our logistics backbone - and a crucial element of our success. Our factories are where our products start their journey to the customer. This area of Nestlé Waters offers you the chance to experience collaboration in its purest form as you work alongside a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people in our Technical & Production factories spread across the nation. What you do will be fulfilling, impactful and meaningful - not least is you'll be helping to deliver healthy hydration to millions of thirsty customers. We'll make sure you have the strong leadership and clear direction you need to feel motivated and passionate about accomplishing great things. While you take a pride in delivering an excellent performance, you'll see your contributions are recognized and rewarded with an outstanding level of support, training and benefits - everything you need to grow and thrive in your career.
We are currently seeking a Production Manager in our Poland Spring, ME location. It is also located about 45 minutes west of Portland, ME. Responsibilities include:
- Report to the Plant Manager and serve as a key member of the leadership team in a large bottling and distribution facility
- Partner cross functionally with Planning, Quality, Container Manufacturing, Maintenance and the Warehouse to maximize efficiencies and output of high quality product in a safe manner
- Lead the execution of cultural changes and activities needed to support Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) and the pursuit of TPM
- Coach, mentor and develop leaders and assess and create plans to grow the skills and competencies of frontline employees to meet current and future business requirements
- Ensure that planned efficiency and production numbers are attained or exceeded to ensure customer demand can be fulfilled on time
- Monitor and track planned DH (downtime) hours and partner with Quality and Maintenance to minimize DH yet maximize the strategic use of DH
- Ensure the first pass quality goals and preventative maintenance of lines is completed to standard
- Ensure complete compliance to prescribed Safety, Quality and HR policies, including GMPs, FSMS requirement
- Facilitate the use of continuous improvement methodologies and projects to improve and streamline production processes
- Participate in projects including workforce planning, budgeting, new product launches, equipment installs or upgrades
- Participate in audit activities and ongoing efforts to ensure compliance to internal and external standards, including ISO/NQMS/NESTEC
- Provide periodic weekend coverage as a member of the leadership team in the facility
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in related field; masters preferred
- Ten or more years of production experience within manufacturing with five or more years of experience in a team leadership capacity
- Prior experience in the consumer products industry or food and beverage with familiarity with quality and hygiene regulation desired
- Knowledge and exposure to TPM, Six Sigma, and various problem solving methodologies
- Solid understanding of production processes, preventative maintenance and budget management
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, business management software (SAP preferred) and production monitoring systems (EIT preferred)
- Demonstrated track record of leading, training, motivating, coaching and developing individuals and teams in a manner consistent with our culture
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to partner internally and externally to achieve results
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives on tight deadlines and delegate accordingly
- Effective communication skills with the ability to influence change and encourage action
- Solid problem solving abilities with the ability to coach and mentor others in this capacity
- Ability and willingness to respond to after hours calls for critical issues and provide weekend coverage a few times/year.
- Ability to travel within the U.S. or Canada occasionally (~10%) for meetings
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brands are Nestea, Tradewinds and Sweet Leaf. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?