Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Specialist
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Our story began over 25 years ago with a simple but revolutionary idea - to create the perfect cup of coffee. An industry pioneer, Nestlé Nespresso has become an international reference for the highest quality coffee and an iconic symbol of refined elegance. We are now in more than 50 countries and our team has grown well beyond 7,000 employees. We are part of Nestlé SA in Switzerland, the world's largest food company. Nespresso USA continues to drive momentum and innovation in our market segment, and in North America, we're just getting started. The taste of something better awaits you.
The Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Specialist will work towards the goal of zero accidents. The main project will be to help foster a strong safety culture by supporting all US locations with required safety training, assisting with the administrative duties, facilitating the Behavior Based Safety program, and Safety Committee objectives.
• Ensure compliance with all local, state, federal, and other Safety, Health & Environment regulations
• Perform evaluations of safety through audits; assist with addressing and closing any audit point gaps by providing guidance
• Monitor retail location performance through assessments & site visits
• Review and update policies and procedures as necessary related to the Safety Management program
Safety & Health:
• Investigate and report near miss events, injuries and illnesses in order to protect the safety and health of Nespresso employees, customers, visitors and contractors
• Raise employee awareness through internal campaigns and communications
• Support the implementation of the Safety & Health management system for OHSAS 18001 Certification
• Perform audits and provide guidance for third parties where Nespresso has a product presence.
• Perform risk assessment and inspection of new retail and special event locations to determine readiness to open
• Serve as the point of contact for environment related matters and support new initiatives on all Nespresso sites to reduce the company's environmental impact
• Work on growing the recycling capacity of Nespresso capsules, increase collection points and work with recycling partners
• Improve and expand the Nespresso recycling programs to integrate sustainability across Nespresso and create more shared value through all levels.
• Bachelor's Degree Required
• 2 Years of Experience in Safety or Environment required
• Familiarity with OHSAS 18001- Occupational Health and Safety Series preferred
• Knowledge of local, state and federal environmental regulations a plus
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Travel required up to 40% of the time
Apply for Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly