Manager Safety Health & Environmental
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Our story began over 25 years ago with a simple but revolutionary idea - to create the perfect cup of coffee. An industry pioneer, Nestlé Nespresso has become an international reference for the highest quality coffee and an iconic symbol of refined elegance. We are now in more than 50 countries and our team has grown well beyond 7,000 employees. We are part of Nestlé SA in Switzerland, the world's largest food company. Nespresso USA continues to drive momentum and innovation in our market segment, and in North America, we're just getting started. The taste of something better awaits you.
The Safety, Health & Environment Manager will work towards zero unsafe behaviors and zero waste. The main responsibility will be to help foster a strong safety culture by supporting all US locations.
Safety & Health:
• Provide guidance on Nestle General Instructions (GI)
• Raise safety awareness through employee engagement and company meetings (e.g. town hall)
• Provide Safety training and facilitate Behavior Based Safety Programs (Nestle Friends Helping Friends)
• Maintain OHSAS 18001 Certification across multiple sites
• Provide guidance to 3rd parties where Nespresso has product presence (e.g. warehouse, destruction sites).
• Determine retail location readiness to open through Risk Assessments
• Ensure compliance with all local, state, federal, and other (e.g. Nestle) requirements.
• Perform evaluations of safety through internal audits and self-assessments
• Review and update policies and procedures as necessary related to the Safety Management program.
• Serve as the point of contact for environment related matters
• Develop programs to support a reduction in the Nespresso environmental impact.
• Support increasing the recycling capacity of our Nespresso capsules program.
• Measuring environmental impacts through Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) tools.
• Leads teams & own work streams
• Coaches, educates and motivates direct reports to achieving their targets
• Ensures career development for entire team including function specific training
• Network, recruit, and hire top quality direct reports
• Manage performance reviews for all employees. Address performance issues and create development plans
• Collaborates with all departments in office and field to support Safety, Health and Environment goals
• Exhibits strong leadership skills in managing cross-functional projects/groups to deliver the required results
- Bachelor's Degree, required. (Degree in Safety, Environmental, or Engineering, preferred)
-Master's Degree preferred
• 5 years' experience in roles with expertise in Safety, Environmental, or Engineering, required.
• 2 years' experience leading/managing a team, preferred.
• Collaboration with or exposure across several functions, preferred.
• Proven track record in delivering results by working with cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated capability to lead projects and change management
• Demonstrated management capability including ability to lead, coach, engage and influence.
• Knowledge of Windows software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• 20% Travel to Retail Locations across US, contractor sites and conferences/ meetings
Apply for Manager Safety Health & Environmental
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly