3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Ensure the production plan is fully achieved on time and in full compliance for assigned areas across a multiple shift operation in a union or non-union environment. Ensures employee safety, product quality, hygiene, cost, and environmental needs fully meet all legal and other requirements and standards. This is accomplished by managing up to five teams, driving continuous improvement through TPM, empowering people, to motivate and develop their capability. Leadership of people includes communicating the vision & mission to gain the understanding & commitment of the people to achieve the objectives. Development of people through being a team builder with ability to recognize and develop the potential of all the production people. Proactive cooperation with other groups on site and within NUSA to ensure that their area and people are fully aligned with the organization. Modeling the way for others by practicing what is preached to create and maintain a workplace culture that engages and motives associates at all levels. Focusing on results through setting ambitious objectives and taking initiative to find ways to reach and exceed them.
- Ensure that finished products are consistently manufactured meeting prescribed standards (compliant) with quality, safety and good manufacturing practices, on time and meeting consumer expectations.
- Effectively manage the DOR, ensure exchange of information (cascade Target/escalate issues) for alignment with the objectives in the short term and WOR, MOR for medium and long term to achieve production plan and to identify and achieve performance improvements. Motivate, guide, support and coach the resources to achieve objectives and to act in accordance with NCE guidelines.
- Elaborate and execute workforce development program that will provide appropriate flexibility of workforce and assets. Focus on material availability, finished goods quality, and on time delivery through optimal resource allocation.
- Provide timely feedback and coaching to individuals and team in order to develop them to their full potential and to achieve objectives in accordance with NCE guidelines. Ensure succession plans and development - coaching of direct reports (where applicable) including development of specific training.
- Promote and enhance a positive labor management relationship including efforts to continuously improve teamwork and establish high levels of employee involvement.
- Lead a continuous improvement/employee involvement culture through NCE approach. Drive for excellence and support operators and staff in their tasks focusing on safety of people.
- Ensure the timely launch of new products to the Market as per agreement with the business unit.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Factory Manager.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
Bachelor's degree (Engineering, Business Management, Food Science, or Organizational Leadership/ Supervision) required.
Work extended days and/or weekends with flexibility to switch shifts as needed.
Minimum Five (5) years food industry production, purchasing and/or packaging experience with progressive responsibility leading people. Experience in different manufacturing environments. Success leading projects in different departments and functions. Exposure to implementing continuous improvement, employee involvement techniques, and change management. Implementation experience of TPM preferred.
Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills are required. High energy level and excellent follow up skills. Creative problem solving, attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities. Great people skills, maintaining a positive attitude, and the ability to motivate people are needed.
Apply for Production Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly