Supply Planning Manager
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the culinary capital.
We are writing a new chapter in our journey; Nestlé USA is opening its new U.S. headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, directly across from Washington, D.C. As a part of this extraordinary moment, you have the opportunity to help build the Nestlé USA of today, and tomorrow.
Our new home in the D.C. area offers close proximity to world class restaurants, shopping, and museums. You are steps away from the world's largest museum, the Smithsonian, and renowned national landmarks such as the Washington Monument.
Nestlé USA is transforming what we do, how we do it, and where we work. Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career.
Discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you.
Responsible for all production planning activities within a multi-plant environment and for inventory management of finished goods for the US Retail, Export, Canadian, and Foodservice businesses. Planning activities include both Master and Detailed Production Scheduling. Responsible for achieving customer service targets while managing inventories to the lowest levels. Responsible for supporting the end-to-end model of minimizing total delivered cost and identifying both operational & strategic capacity issues/opportunities.
1. Oversee the development of short and long-term production plans for assigned Division's manufacturing facilities in order to meet all demand requirements.
2. Ensure that finished goods inventory targets by SKU are developed and maintained based on service level objectives, forecast error, and replenishment lead times.
3. Minimize working capital costs by identifying opportunities to decrease finished goods inventories while delivering against service level objectives.
4. Work with Strategic Planning to identify new sourcing opportunities that minimize total delivered cost and/or increase effective capacity.
5. Assist in identifying operational and strategic capacity issues/opportunities. Work with the Strategic Planning group to generate recommendations to resolve capacity issues and support long-term sales demand.
6. Support the end-to-end model of minimizing total delivered cost, including activities associated with Lean concepts, flexible manufacturing, and zero waste.
7. Work closely with all Supply Chain functions, Marketing, Sales, TAG, and Industrial Performance to support all new product launches and product transitions while achieving performance targets on service level, working capital, and waste.
8. Provide analysis of key KPI's and financial data to identify performance and cost improvement opportunities.
9. Work with the Factory Managers to address plant-related issues, especially with respect to detailed scheduling, labor, capacity, and attainment.
10. Provide direction for the production planners and develop their interpersonal, technical, business, and leadership skills.
11. Develop an environment that encourages teamwork, open communication, and challenging of the status quo.
12. All other duties as assigned by manager.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
4-year Bachelor's degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering or related field.
MBA a plus.
Minimum of 3 years Production Planning, Supply Chain, or Operations experience.
Preferred experience with managing people.
Preferred Knowledge or experience with GLOBE APO
Preferred Knowledge of Prepared Foods Manufacturing structure
Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to problem solve and develop solutions to complex problems.
Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
Ability to meet the requirements of a fast-paced environment with multiple demands and priorities.
Expertise in Microsoft Excel preferred.
Able to work in an empowered team environment.
Apply for Supply Planning Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly