Warehouse Manager - Ft Wayne, IN
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job Purpose Statement:
The Supply Chain DSD function supports Direct Store Delivery (DSD) operations for Nestle USA, directly supporting the Nestlé's frozen pizza and ice cream businesses. This function includes supply chain planning and execution, warehouse distribution and centers of excellence like Customer Delivery Systems (CDS). The DC Manager is responsible for creating a safe work environment that allows the Warehouse team to achieve success in delighting their customers, and contributing to the improvement in NUSA's gross margin return on sales. The role requires an experienced leadership skill set that leverages business acumen to focus on team development, continuous improvement, and consistent achievement of performance results customer service, labor relations, expense control, and capital/asset management.
The DC Manager will support the Sales and CDS Team with their individual team members. The role is responsible for the career development of the management, staff, and administrative team members.
DC Managers interact on a daily basis with key people in the Sales, Logistics, Product Supply, Cross Docks, and Regional DC teams; with other Site Leadership Team Members, Supply Chain Managers, and with the Corporate Logistics Team for product supply planning, customer service, and inventory deployment. There is also significant interaction with outside vendors such as equipment leasing and system maintenance.
· Establish and deliver Warehouse performance targets for receiving, order fulfillment, customer service, shipping, and inventory control that represent the highest levels of safety, task efficiency, and service reliability.
· Ensure the Warehouse team is involved in collecting, analyzing, and reporting data in each of these areas on a regular basis.
· Develop, present, and execute the annual Warehouse Operating Plan that supports the macro targets for the Region.
· Lead and motivate a three shift distribution center operation with up to 50 Warehouse Team Members.
· Develop and work within the DC Budget of MM controllable expenses (i.e. labor, supplies, freight, and material damages) to achieve operational goals.
· Lead in a manner that encourages engagement and develops the Nestle Continuous Excellence System (NCE).
· Provide training, motivation, and performance feedback to Warehouse team members.
· Desire to improve distribution process and manage multiple tasks/projects.
· Support company DSD routes by developing relationship sales partners.
· Identify, justify, and execute the capital investment plan to support the DC operation.
· Ensure inventory integrity and work with Corporate Logistics and Sales to minimize inventory variances, improve product freshness, and minimize inventory salvage.
· Manage direct reports as a team establishing common objectives with joint accountability among team members including management and administrative staff.
· Develop, present, and execute an annual Warehouse Plan that supports the macro targets for the Region. Also, responsible for monthly financial forecasting.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Adaptable—Adjust approach to match varied task requirements; adjust behavior to others styles. Change priorities to meet changing demands. Adjust quickly to new responsibilities and tasks.
· Change and Innovation—Embrace change as an opportunity, not a problem. Develop and encourage entrepreneurial or non-traditional solutions within the company and for customers. Tolerate ambiguity and stress.
· Communication—Organize the communication, ensure understanding, and comprehend communication from others.
· Planning and Organization—Prioritize activities and assignments. Determine tasks and resources, schedule appropriate amounts of time for completing work. Leverage resources.
· Building a Successful Team—Develop structure, facilitate goal accomplishment, and involve others.
· Build Strategic Working Relationships—Seek opportunities, clarify the current situation, develop others, and own ideas. Facilitate agreement.
· Building Partnerships/Collaboration—Identify and explore partnership opportunities. Formulate action plans. Subordinate own area's goals, monitor partnership.
· Minimum of 3 years' experience of supervisory/management level preferably in a distribution, fulfillment, and/or large manufacturing environment (Frozen Food Desired, DSD Preferred).
· Demonstrated proficiency in inventory, transportation management, and/or warehouse management software systems.
· Proficiency in Supply Chain related activities.
· Ability to implement and execute KPI's and best practices across the Warehouse and Cross Dock Teams.
· Ability to set and manage guidelines for SOP's to address the warehouse operations and transportation for customer delight, safety, quality, and sanitation compliance.
· Ability to manage multiple business units and influence the manufacturing and sales operations.
· Ability to manage a full enterprise business with profit and loss responsibility.
· Ability to lead in a shared leadership or participative leadership model.
· Ability to travel a minimum of 10%.
· Bachelor's degree required; BS or BA degree in Operations Management, Logistics or Materials Management preferred; an advanced degree and/or any related professional certification (e.g. APICS) is a plus.
Apply for Warehouse Manager - Ft Wayne, IN
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly