Project Manager - Supply Chain
This position will be responsible for supporting the rollout of Strategic Volume Planning process in Nestlé USA according to the guidelines of Global Supply Chain. The primary focus will be long-term demand and capacity outlook that help us identify the best strategy to ensure supply, as well as reduce Working Capital and Total Delivered Cost. The position will lead cross-functional projects which address capacity gaps for the strategic horizon (>18 months). The position is a combined 'leader/player' role: responsibility for the initial launch and execution of strategic initiatives
• Develop volume outlook to highlight capacity needs and resource requirements in the industrial network to ensure supply in the strategic horizon (> 3 years).
• Conduct cross-functional reviews of capacity issues to instill collaboration among the different functions via strong interpersonal relationships.
• Apply project management skills to ensure adequate implementation of improvement initiatives aimed at ensuring long-term service level objectives while reducing total delivered cost and working capital.
• Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables, assemble and coordinate project team members
• Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
• Follow best practices for strategic capacity planning per Corporate Supply Chain reference documents.
• Instill an environment that encourages and continuously challenges the status quo with an NCE and Lean mindset.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• BA/BS required. Degree in Logistics, Operations Management or Engineering preferred. MBA/MS desirable.
• Strong analytical aptitude with a proven ability to analyze/interpret data, build quantitative models of business problems and identify root causes.
• Knowledge of Supply Chain and Operations, including network design, inventory management and resource planning.
• Must be able to work independently and to coordinate and prioritize multiple assignments.
• Flexibility and adaptability to the demands and requirements of a fast-paced environment with multiple demands and priorities.
• 3 years of progressive experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing or related field.
• Hands-on experience in analytical or modeling tools, preferably related to operations planning and optimization.
• Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles in executing complex, multifunctional scoped projects.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to drive performance improvement or change management initiatives.
• Strong analytical Skills
• Coaching/mentoring skills
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, good leadership skills, and be able to gain the respect and trust of others
• Must have outstanding planning and organizing skills