Senior Cereal Scientist
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Discover and develop differentiating technologies leading to innovative products while advancing the fundamental understanding of cereal science and dough technology and their impact on product attributes, performance and NHW. Develop strategic Science and Technology roadmaps in the assigned areas and manage the execution of the prioritized Knowledge Building projects, effectively engaging internal and external resources and competencies for timely delivery. Provide expert support to the execution of Innovation, Renovation and Technical Assistance projects in support of Frozen and Chilled Foods.
- As a member of multi-disciplinary teams, provide expert input and leadership for the definition and execution of strategic Science & Technology Roadmaps. Carry out research and development activities, to advance the prioritized multi-generation activities of the roadmaps.
- Identify, assess and document potential patentable ideas and follow established processes to decide on potential patent filling.
- Ensure consumer and business relevance of research work by applying knowledge of drivers of liking (PrIME), timely engaging product development groups and consumer / marketing teams in the assessment of technology exploration and development.
- Manage strategic relationships across a diverse group of external resources including innovation partners, universities, research institutes, technology providers, suppliers, etc., to ensure optimal use of internal resources and potential opportunities for acquisition or partnerships for novel technologies.
- Function effectively as a Project Manager and Science and Technology Roadmap Manager as assigned. Plan and execute the necessary laboratory, bench-top and pilot plant trials coordinating all necessary resources internally and externally and utilizing various trial, recipe and nutritional management systems
- Develop and advance expertise in strategic Cereal Science and Dough Technology areas as assigned
- Contribute to Cat 2 and Cat 3 projects as a member of interdisciplinary / taskforce teams providing specific expert support in Cereal Science and Dough Technology areas as needed.
- Ensure Science and Technology developments are aligned with the Nestle NHW Policies and comply with local and Nestle's Regulatory requirements.
- Document projects and communicate their progress utilizing R&D project management and documentation systems (NesTMS, NPDI, Documentum) as well as project updates and taskforce meetings and minutes.
- Identify needs for specific / new analytical methodologies and tools and work with internal and external resources to define effective ways of addressing the needs.
- Coach and mentor other scientists and technologists within the department and across the organization.
- Keep abreast of relevant Science and Technology developments and evolving ingredients by maintaining active contacts with R&D Networks, NRC, PTC / NDC Centers, Innovation Partners, Universities and Industry / Professional organizations.
- Conduct all activities in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, all applicable codes and regulations and all required company policies and procedures
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Minimum of a PhD. in Cereal Chemistry, Baking Science, Food Science or related discipline. Solid competence on Cereal Science and Dough Technology.
- Candidate will have a minimum of 10 of years of experience in the food industry or equitable experience.
- Project management experience is a must. Good knowledge of baking formulations and processes at bench, pilot and industrial scales.
- Exposure to product development activities and food manufacturing facilities.
- Excellent communication skills through oral, written, and presentation abilities which provide clear and concise explanations of science and technology to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills to lead complex projects in a cross-functional environment, include multiple interfacing with internal and external stakeholders and partners. Deliver stretch objectives on time and budget.
- Demonstrated solid research skills, curiosity and creative / innovative approaches to assess problems and solutions. Proven ability to strategize, design and execute experimental plans.
- Proactive, self-driven, results and action oriented, demonstrating passion, strong team-work spirit, open mind and flexibility.
- Ability to coach, train, and mentor technical team members.
- Ability to Travel 10-20%.
Apply for Senior Cereal Scientist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly