Responsible for the overall operation of the Cost functions within the Fort Smith, Arkansas factory. Primary responsibilities include planning, developing and supervising all cost functions. The Cost Manager is to insure that all activities such as data collection, trial estimating, productivity analysis and budget forecasting comply with company requirements. This position is responsible for the development and maintenance of cost standards.
• Strategic Planning: Ensure the development and maintenance of company standards following Nestlé Costing Standards.
• Results Focus: Manage the period end close process and reporting. Manage the collection, assimilation and analysis of financial data.
• Initiative/Proactive Cooperation: Work with Plant to find causes of variances and utilize financial information to help identify and resolve these issues.
• Service Orientation: Provides a high level of customer service and analysis for Factory and Operations Management. Supports manufacturing operations, educates and interacts with managers/supervisors/team members relative to cost information.
• Leading People - Participate in various other accounting activities or projects as necessary and/or act as a backup to others within the department.
• Perform necessary audit procedures to maintain Nestlé compliance
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• B.S. in Accounting, Finance or related field required
• CPA or CMA desired
• Employee must support and comply with all Nestlé programs and policies, including affirmative action goals and commitments, SHE strategies, corporate citizenship initiatives, GMP's and Safety Policies to ensure employee safety and product quality. Employee must meet all requirements related to NQMS and ISO standards for Quality, Food Safety, Environmental Compliance and Occupational Health and Safety.
• 3 to 5 years Cost Accounting experience with a manufacturing concern
• Payroll accounting knowledge helpful
• Strong P.C. skills and aptitude, which will include thorough knowledge of computers, software programs
• Knowledge of SAP and AS/400 a plus