Associate Regulatory Affairs Specialist
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Foods people love. The life beyond what you imagined. And the city that rocks.
When you partner Nestlé USA and Northeast Ohio, the result is a rich experience that offers you a fulfilling personal and professional life.
Did you know that the Cleveland metropolitan area is consistently ranked as one of the most affordable and livable regions in the US? From its diverse communities to its endless arts, entertainment and sports experiences, Cleveland continues to rock.
At our Nestlé USA Cleveland campus, located in the Solon suburb of Cleveland, you will discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Offering you a strong culture with competitive benefits, you will have limitless opportunities to learn, and advance your career. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world's leading nutrition, health and Wellness Company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you.
Acquire and apply knowledge of food and labeling regulations 1) to assure compliance of product formulas, labels and, as requested, communications, and 2) to contribute to Innovation & Renovation of assigned brands.
Demonstrate and deliver on the Regulatory & Scientific Affairs Department (RSA) Strategic Roles:
- Apply the Regulatory Foundation
- by developing and maintaining internal networks to effectively accomplish work, e.g., QM, TAG, Marketing, Legal
- by effectively using Nestlé systems, policies and tools
- by contributing to the maintenance of Nestlé systems, policies and tools, as part of NCE and NQMS, and by identifying opportunities for improvements to them.
- Assure Full Regulatory Compliance
- by applying knowledge of regulations and Nestlé policies to review and assure faultless compliance of a) formulas, ingredients and any relevant processing procedures; b) all required and optional label information, including claims; and c) as requested, sensitive communications such as advertising, promotional materials, websites, etc.
- Active Engagement in Innovation / Renovation
- by contributing effectively to I/R process and ingredients with thorough and timely Regulatory Assessments at each stage; and by identifying regulatory hurdles as early as possible, and assisting the Manager or other Specialists in their resolution;
- by applying a "compliance by design" approach to assure Operations process capabilities are confirmed to deliver on claims and product characteristics.
- Contribute to Regulatory Environment Mastership
- by providing product, ingredient and label information to assist in assessing impact of regulations or developing Nestlé positions as requested.
Other appropriate duties and tasks as assigned by Manager.
Anticipated travel: 0 - 5%
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Bachelors Degree in nutrition, dietetics, food science, general biology. Associates Degree with BA/BS in progress will be considered.
No business experience required; preference given to some experience in the food industry, primarily in regulatory affairs, regulatory compliance, nutrition or product development.
- Must be a results-oriented team player capable of working in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Must be a self-starter able to work with minimal supervision, and able to perform under pressure and in ambiguous situations.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented, with good analytical and decision making skills.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communications skills
Must be proficient in Windows-based applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access (preferred).
Apply for Associate Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly