Regulatory Affairs Manager
Regulatory Affairs Manager
The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry – we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global food and beverage powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $29 billion in revenue and is the 3rd largest food and beverage company in North America and 5th largest in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream – it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best – best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
This is a role for someone who craves a global challenge balanced by the desire to be accountable for delivering against the model in the largest business unit for Kraft Heinz. It is both a strategic and a tactical position. Those that do not want to get their hands dirty or build out a function against a blank slate without buying pre-packaged solutions should not apply.
Role / Title
As the Regulatory Affairs Manager you are the expert on food labelling. You will be the ‘legal gatekeeper’ when it comes to recipes, artwork, marketing outings, images and packaging. You will report to the European Regulatory Affairs Manager (Nijmegen) and work together with 10 peers who will be based across Europe.
Key Components of the role
- To ensure and review all product labels used by Heinz in Europe comply with EU legislation, government guidelines and Company policies
- To approve advertising copy and external communications to ensure they are not misleading and conform to legislation
- To approve ingredient specifications for legislation and nutrition and support other requests for information relating to labelling
- To maintain an awareness of new EU food legislation and government guidance
- To review recipes and ingredient specifications, ensuring compositional requirements are met, codes of practice adhered to and company policies complied with
- To support Marketing, R&D and Quality by providing advice for labelling and related legislation issues
- To support the business in the provision of label information relating to products sold in Europe
- To represent the business externally on legislation matter as required
Experience, Knowledge, Competencies and Skills required
- A Master’s (at least Bachelor’s) degree in Science
- An understanding of product development, food ingredients, manufacturing and business processes is an advantage
- Attention to detail is essential
- Strong customer focus
- Good project management skills
- Resilience to perform in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills: managing stakeholders, convincing, informing, inquiring, negotiating
- Business fluency in English is essential; any knowledge of other european languages is a plus
You can apply for this position via the 'Apply' button.
Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the American’s with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 847 646-6044 for assistance.