Global R&D Manager Healthy Growing
Nestlé Health Science (NHSc) is a company on a mission and on the move, motivated by the opportunity to forge a major therapeutic role for nutrition in the management of health and establish a new industry between food and pharmaceuticals. The two elements of the equation are simple; societies are ageing and age and lifestyle related diseases are spiraling. Needs are growing for safe, effective and cost-effective solutions. At the same time, scientific understanding of health, disease and the potential of nutrition - as an integral part of managing health and disease - is growing.
Nestlé Health Science, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Nestlé Group, was created in 2011 to be a leader in these developments and make things happen. We have over 3,000 employees around the world with a wide mix of capabilities - from bio-medical engineers to regulatory specialists, medical delegates (sales force) and health economic experts that reflect our dynamism and intent to create.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be to deliver the pipeline for Healthy Growing category within the Consumer Care business unit. Create, manage, communicate and co-ordinate the I&R pipeline project plans with the global, cross-functional and internal/external project teams. Ensure that the project budget and resources are appropriately allocated, tracked and delivered to plan.
- Support the building and execution of the R&D pipeline for Healthy Growing category in close co-operation with the Category Head, Marketing Manager and the R&D community, and in line with the Category strategy
- Lead I&R projects ensuring appropriate and timely access to required resources and functions (internally and externally) = project management
- Drive complex projects end-to-end engaging cross functional team from product brief through Industrialization
- Co-ordinate claim support development, including external partners and collaborate closely with Nutritional Translators
- Ensure products / program components are ready for launch within the agreed timelines and budget
- Bring science to "products" and leverage science/knowledge from other categories/product groups and nutritional translators (NTs)
- Integrate external opportunities coming from BD into the pipeline
Education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Operations, R&D and/or Corporate Functions, out of which minimum 1 years in R&D,
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project management,
- Knowledge in Snacking Categories and Processes is an advantage,
- Experience with matrix like structure in an functionally structured environment,
- Experience in the NPDI process is a strong asset.