Financial Analyst (Credit)
Assess the financial and credit risk of vendors supplying Nestle worldwide. The Financial Analyst is responsible for assessing vendor risk based on credit profiles, financial analysis and other factors such as geopolitical risk, competitive landscape, economic and industry factors.
The job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Analysis - Financial Statement, business intelligence reports, geopolitical intelligence, competitive landscape, industry and industry data.
- Assign risk ratings for new/potential vendors.
- Review and maintain risk ratings for existing vendors.
- Advise procurement - Vendors representing high risk of supply chain/business disruption.
- Advise Credit Management.
- Engage vendor's management for financial disclosure.
- Engage vendor's management to discuss financial issues and communicate risk factors with Nestle procurement management (HOPs).
- Document all activities in the Nestle Supplier Forum (cloud based solution).
- Build and maintain rapport with vendors, procurement and sources of trade information.
- Perform in a customer service capacity by answering inquiries from vendors and Nestle procurement.
- Assist with reviewing, developing and maintaining the integrity of the Nestle global Vendor approval (VAP) tool used globally by Nestle Procurement for the preliminary risk assessment of new vendors.
Contingency planning support
- Assist procurement with contingency strategies and planning.
- Vendor risk analysis.
- Spend and category analysis.
Reports & documents
- Assist with the preparation of required reports for management.
- Generate non-disclosure agreements.
Other special projects or duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
BA or BS degree is required. Business Administration preferred. MBA or CPA strongly preferred.
Knowledge of credit tools such as Dun & Bradstreet reports preferred.
Knowledge of Global Supply Chain Management preferred.
Knowledge of Commodity/Stock Market trading preferred.
5 years experience in credit, financial & risk analysis, global supply chain management experience preferred.
Ability to perform financial statement and risk analysis.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong Excel skills preferred.