R&D Lab Manager
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Laboratory Manager ensures the proficiency and optimal functioning of the laboratory to provide research-level analytical support to NDC Solon, with a primary focus on specific analytical needs of the Science & Technology portfolio. Contribute to the definition and execution of the Science & Technology Roadmaps and Cat 1 projects. Provide analytical support to Cat 2 projects as well as Technical Assistance to markets as required.
Analytical support to projects:
- As a member of the Science & Technology Department, contribute to the definition and execution of the prioritized S&T Roadmaps and Cat 1 projects. Support Cat 2 projects and provide Technical Assistance as requested.
- Bring specific analytical science perspective aligning with relevant Nestle R&D counterparts (NRC, Networks, etc.) and external partners.
- Engage external analytical competencies as required.
- Ensure the analytical team competencies are aligned with current and future needs as they are an intrinsic part of the discovery process.
- Responsible for the correct and cost-efficient functioning of the laboratory, including personnel safety, availability of equipment to carry out analyses, internal and external quality control.
- Responsible for the analytical competence of Lab or Center staff used to perform the required analysis.
- Responsible for the correct and on time reporting of results and follow-ups as needed.
- Manage the training plan and development needs for those conducting analyses in the labs.
- Validate and establish validation dossiers for new and existing methods according to Nestlé validation standards
- Select, organize and follow up analyses performed by subcontracted labs & Universities.
- Manage relationship & financial accounting for work performed by NQAC Dublin.
- Responsible for the adequate follow-up on results of proficiency tests and inter-laboratory comparisons. Responsible for performing root cause analysis in case of results needing improvement and in applying corrective actions.
- Responsible for the proper implementation and regular update of the laboratory quality system in accordance with ISO 9001 Standards.
Direct supervision of a team of lab technicians and specialists, as well as external contractors. Must be able to effectively lead/coach team members, and provide expert and operational guidance.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Minimum of a Master's degree in the related area is highly preferred (Analytical Sciences, Chemistry, Food Science, etc.)
Demonstrated experience in leading lab personnel. Previous experience in relevant analytical methodologies is a must. At least 5 year experience in a food industry laboratory with emphasis on food research.
- Leadership and people development skills.
- Coaching - laboratory personnel and other team members as appropriate
- Effective communication
- Effective and impactful interactions with project teams
- Organization, prioritization, planning and execution - deliver results according to plan
Apply for R&D Lab Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly