Commercial Strategy Manager
THE SECRET TO OUR SUCCESS - Its no secret… Our talented people put us at the top and their drive and desire keeps us there. Growing and investing in our employees is critical to our on-going success. As we grow together, we win together. We are looking for highly motivated and talented people who would like to grow with us and make the difference in our Northern Europe and CEE business.
Have you already made your experience in marketing or sales? If so, this is your opportunity to apply your skills to an interfacing role of strategic importance in a dynamic team - an exciting and rewarding experience. Having pooled our central functions at our new Northern Europe headquarters in the heart of Hamburg, we are well positioned for further growth - with all the opportunities this holds for you and for our company.
Our Commercial Strategy team plays a pivotal role to drive the business. At the interface between Sales, Marketing, and Finance, the Commercial Strategy team assumes the role of a strategic mastermind and advisor with regard to future profitability and growth in Northern and Central Eastern Europe. This is an enormously exciting and multifaceted role that calls for an intuitive understanding of products, markets and sales channels, complemented by a talent for numbers and an insight into commercial interrelationships. You will report into the Commercial Strategy Manager and you will work in close cooperation with the various departments.
Our Commercial Strategy department is a dynamic place - and we can offer you growth and continuous development of your skills. This position will be an excellent stepping stone to career opportunities across various functions within Kellogg.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as Commercial Strategy Manager (f/m) you will be responsible for driving the success of our brands in our top accounts in the Northern and Central Eastern European markets by:
- Defining and implementing the annual and three year cereal and snacks commercial strategy for pricing, promotion, product, place and pack, in line with business priorities and guidelines in close alignment with the key account organization.
- Defining and ensuring the execution of the pricing, promotion and pack strategy in line with the category strategy and brand strategies.
- Consulting and controlling the Sales team in delivery of the cereal and snacks plan through business process.
- Reviewing of annual priorities and business delivery against annual targets and capturing learnings to influence the long term planning process against cereal and snacks.
- Defining the cereal and snacks recommendation of innovation pipeline requirements by inputting in trade, customer gross margin and promotional planning.
- Drive the relationship with European Category teams and act as regional counterpart for category.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
At Kellogg Company, we place a huge emphasis on recruiting the best people to help grow our business and build on our success. As well as a hunger to learn and ambition for a dynamic career, to be considered for this position you should be able to meet the following requirements:
- Degree in Business Administration or similar qualifications
- 2-3 years of work experience in the FMCG sector in marketing or sales
- 1-2 years Commercial experience from a Key or National Account Management
- End-to-end understanding of retail customer sales and associated business processes
- Strong numerical and analytical skills are essential along with the ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to handle AC Nielsen, IRI, and GFK data
- Strong communication skills, incl influencing and intercultural skills combined with team mentality.
- Experience in leading a cross-functional team is desired, as well as a good understanding of Revenue Management.
- Very good communication skills - in German and English
Ideally one Scandinavian or Eastern European language
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Location of this position: Hamburg
If you have the passion and ambition to engage with us in growing our cereal and snacks business, please dont hesitate to take this opportunity to submit your online application (in English) as soon as possible, as we will have ongoing interviews.
Please note that we will only accept applications that are made to us via our Careers site. If you experience any difficulty when applying online please contact myHR@kellogg.com.