Costing Manager (Factory Finance)
Nestlé Prepared Foods produces many of the best-known food brands in America. With a focus on delicious, convenient and nutritious meals, sandwiches and snacks, Nestlé Prepared Foods teams make America's most popular frozen food brands, including STOUFFER'S®, LEAN CUISINE®, HOT POCKETS® and LEAN POCKETS® brand sandwiches and BUITONI® refrigerated pastas and sauces.
• The frozen prepared meals category is one of the largest in grocery and has surpassed the $8-billion mark. With great-tasting, high-quality meals for every occasion, STOUFFER'S® Single Serve Entrees are the #1 brand in regular dinner/entrees, while LEAN CUISINE® remains the #1 brand in nutritional dinner/entrees. The STOUFFER'S® brand also is the #1 brand within the multi-serve segment of dinner entrees. Visit Stouffers.com.
• HOT POCKETS® and LEAN POCKETS® brand sandwiches, which were acquired by Nestlé in 2002, have anticipated America's eating trends and answered consumer needs with innovation and quality for 30 years. New and improved HOT POCKETS® brand sandwiches feature premium cuts of meat like Hickory Ham, 100% Angus beef and Signature Pepperoni, buttery seasoned crusts baked fresh daily and real cheese in every bite. Visit HotPockets.com and LeanPockets.com.
• BUITONI® is the market share leader in the refrigerated pastas and sauces category. Every BUITONI® refrigerated pasta and sauce is made only with the finest, high-quality ingredients, and dated for freshness. In 2006, Nestlé acquired Joseph's Gourmet Pasta & Sauces Company, a leading maker of premium filled frozen pasta and sauces for the restaurant industry. BUITONI® has partnered with Joseph's to offer consumers a line of super-premium, all-natural frozen meals. Visit Buitoni.com.
Support the Factory Controller as a trusted co-pilot (lead) within the Factory Leadership Team (vision, organization, practices, initiatives/projects) on a day to day as well as on a long term strategic view. Provide financial leadership by supplying plant and corporate management accurate and timely financial data, as well as analysis and recommended actions to identify and correct inefficient operations resulting in lower operating costs. Ensure sound costing in adherence to financial legal requirements and NAS. Develop team of direct reports as co-pilots to Local Committees, driving cost out of the factory using NCE and Lean tools.
1. Challenge assumptions in seeking cost improvements in factory. Seek for and support cost improvement opportunities, be an active contributor to improvement projects and initiatives validate and review proposed savings. Partner with Engineering to manage costs and review capital proposals.
2. Compile reporting of actuals (including organizing and overseeing timeliness and accuracy of period-end close, and promoting ownership of data at source); and dynamic forecasts for the factory; ensure transparency of this process; follow up and monitoring of progress to close gaps, ensuring Nestle financial policies, Accounting Standards and Costing Standards are followed
3. Participate in business planning; prepare and coordinate the factory budget with factory management; Perform revisions or simulations if needed. Work with team members to develop new product costing in accordance with costing standards.
4. Coach and develop the cost specialist personnel as individuals and as a team, including career and succession planning using TPMS tools.
5. Ensure full transparency of costs and financial impact to the organization of major or strategic decisions relating to the factory
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
B.S. Degree in accounting, or other finance degree or equivalent.
Minimum of 3 years experience in a manufacturing facility. Communication, leadership and planning skills.
Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
Ability to communicate to all audiences within the organization.
Leadership experience with direct and indirect reporting relationships.
Accomplished planning skills.
Aptitude with financial systems.
Nestle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment. All candidates must apply online at Nestleusacareers.com