Engineering Technical Support
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Develops and tests machinery and equipment, consistent with engineering and other specifications. Drafts detail drawings or sketches for drafting room completion or to request parts. Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies. Sets up and tests complete units. Records test procedures and results, performs routine analyses and calculations, and recommends changes in equipment, products or test methods:
• Provide optimum electrical and process control equipment facilities to meet the established objectives of the business.
• Ensure reliability of electrical & process control hardware and software operation
• Optimize electrical/process control hardware & software to maintain plant at high level of efficiency, safety, quality, etc.
• Work closely with Group Engineering E&A team during the planning and execution of projects, initiatives and compliance requirements.
• Comply with all safety and environmental regulations (Internal & External) and applicable Nestle standards.
• Conduct preventive maintenance on power distribution and automation equipment
• Ensure power quality
• Keep electrical power distribution and automation drawings and documentation updated
• Manage the instrument calibration program for regulatory and quality compliance
• Perform troubleshooting in case of problems and ensure the PLC or HMI applications are properly managed
• Modify the automation applications when operational changes are performed on the production lines
• In line with NCE, active participation in DOR/WOR/MOR, GSTD and DMAIC activities
• Meet compliance with all Nestle and local regulatory standards and requirements.
• Build internal capabilities within the E&A team
DETAILED FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
The actual role and responsibilities of the Support Engineering Technical may be divided into the following areas:
ELECTRICAL & POWER DISTRIBUTION:
• Knowledge of the plant electrical system from the utility company lines to transformers, switchboards, distribution panels, MCC, motors, lighting fixtures, etc.
• Understanding of the existing electrical system loading profile, utility charges, power quality, grounding, protection, maintenance needs, safety, reliability, and remaining useful life of the plant power system equipment.
• Understanding of the plant electrical criteria, standards, and Nestle USA guidelines.
• Oversee the electrical activities (modernization, design modifications, coordination, installation, start-up and training) in the factory in support of capital investment and maintenance.
AUTOMATION & PROCESS CONTROL:
• Oversee the controls/instrumentation and IT activities in the factory (PLC & HMI design, training, programming, etc.) in support of capital investment and maintenance.
CAPITAL PROJECTS & LIAISON WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS:
• Supervise the Project Electrical Construction, and provide revised and additional drawings as requested by the Construction Superintendent and the Project Engineer.
• Provide technical support to maintenance, production, safety, quality, etc.
QUALITY: Follow the F.A.C.E. of Quality Commitment: Food Safety & Full Compliance,
Attitude: No Waste, Zero Defects, Consumer & Customer Trust & Preference and
SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL: Employee will live by the 5 behaviors: 1) I Will Speak Up
2) I Will Be Mindful 3) I Will Get Involved 4) I Will Follow Rules 5) I Will Care For The
Support the Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE) initiative through involvement in team improvement activities, formal problem solving and operator to operator shift hand
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Minimum 3 years experience in the field of electricity in a manufacturing facility.
• In-depth knowledge of Electricity, in low voltage, medium voltage and high voltage installations.
• Good knowledge of local electrical code and standards
• Good knowledge of Instrumentation and Process Control Systems.
• In-depth knowledge of HMIs, PLCs,
• Knowledge of food processing operations and technology.
• Knowledge on MES (Manufacturing Execution System).
• Knowledge on manufacturing IT, industrial networks and applications
• Good knowledge of electrical safety
• Knowledge of food safety, regulatory requirements for food safety, hygienic engineering and Nestlé Quality System.
General and professional skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong conflict resolution skills
• Strong managerial, leadership and technical skills
• Ability to think conceptually and deal with ambiguity with a strong innovation mindset
• Proactive problem solving ability. Ability to think objectively through various options and scenarios
• Ability to adapt quickly to changes
• Hygienic engineering
• Knowledge of food safety, regulatory requirements for food safety, and equipment
• Communication and Networking
• CAPEX budgeting and preparation
• Capital Investment Approval & Tracking (CIAT) tool
• MS Office/MS Project
NLF COMPENTENCIES & OTHER COMPETENCIES:
• Know yourself. Understand your strengths and weaknesses and their effect on personal development and effectiveness in the organization
• Proactive cooperation with production personnel and engineering colleagues in maintaining and improving factory operations. Understanding the needs of others and adapting one's own priorities when appropriate.
• Results focused. Drive performance objectives and quality standards to deliver the best business results (Equipment Availability and First Time Quality)
• Anticipate future issues by taking initiative to keep up to date with technological trends and by proactively addressing future power needs of the factory.
• Courage to take decisions while understanding the risks and consequences.
• Insight to explain the consequences of different scenarios.
Apply for Engineering Technical Support
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly