Customer Development Manager
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain
and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
ReadyRefresh by Nestlé
is one of the most visible parts of the Nestlé Waters business, delivering healthy hydration to customers where they need it most. It's another example of how we are committed to helping people maintain a healthy lifestyle. You've no doubt seen our trucks on the road, on their way to bring our water and tea products to thirsty consumers. Our drivers and unit leaders are the backbone of the ReadyRefresh team. By joining this fast-growing area of our organization you'll have the opportunity to share in our mission with a real sense of ownership and the freedom to succeed in your role. It's a chance to apply your skills and experience to work that's as challenging as it is rewarding. Whether collaborating as team to deliver superior customer service or making a lasting impact with your individual accomplishments, you'll be an essential and valuable element of our success. We'll make sure you receive the support, benefits and development you need to build the perfect career.
We are currently seeking a Customer Development Manager
reporting the Director, Channel Development and based in Stamford, CT.
This position will be responsible for supporting the Channel Development Director and Leads to assist in the development of channel strategies, channel business analysis leading to identification of major business-building initiatives, shopper insights, management of key channel messaging, and project mgmt.
Key responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Work with Director of Channel Development, National Channel Lead, National Account Sales Team, National Execution Manager & KCM team, and National Network Mgr. & Distributor Mgr. Team in the development of the Go-To-Market and Pricing Guidelines ensuring their effective and timely communications.
- Channel Selling Solutions Collaboration: Support development of NWNA selling messages and campaigns to the channel and customers aimed at providing a unified voice and direction to help accomplish Channel Sales Priorities. Assist Sales Force in planning and preparing for key customer negotiations and the handling of objections of these messages and initiatives.
- Business Analysis & Growth Opportunities: Carry out effective business analysis to respond to channel and customer category, customer, shopper and competitive industry trends. Focus on identifying growth opportunities for NWNA, the channel and key customers and ensure their integration into channel and customer plans and proposals
- Channel Business Reviews: Assist in development of business reviews that can be carried out and delivered by the channel Account personnel.
- Corporate Communications: Manage The Wave Channel page and communications involving Channel Development Sales team. Facilitate NMT meetings, and operate as the point of contact for the channel.
- Channel Insights: Conduct or collaborate in the analysis of new channel insights. Develop new programs with the Channel Development Team and leverage NWNA resources to implement these growth opportunities.
- Annual Planning Process: Participate in annual planning process for channel. Work with cross functional teams to align and communicate Sales Ready and impactful annual planning objectives, strategies and programming.
- Ensure adherence to all Company principles and policies.
Key measurements for this position include but are not limited to:
- MBS and Commercial & Retail Channel & Strategy Development/Execution
- Value Creation / Driving Profitable Growth, Healthy Hydration Portfolio
Key qualifications for this position include but are not limited to:
- Proven track record in sales planning
- Knowledge of customer P&L management
- Solid analytical and technical skills in MS Office and internal sales tools
- Must have experience working with syndicated data (Nielson/ IRI)
- Must have excellent communication skills
- First -hand knowledge of retail/commercial concepts and processes
- Exceptional project management skills
- Able to analyze & synthesize data from a variety of sources and derive actionable insights
- Presentation skills: present data accurately and with credibility
- 3 years of professional Sales experience (CPG preferred)
- College degree Preferred
We offer competitive pay based on education, experience, and other qualifications. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, flex, life, disability, EAP, 401(k) with match, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brands are Nestea, Tradewinds and Sweet Leaf. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?