Auditor (Food Processing Plant)
The function of this position is application of food safety, quality, and regulatory requirements and principles against established standards and protocols.This is accomplished through analytical and objective evaluation of facility policies, practices, and observations.
- Perform audit and certification audit services following objective assessment of functions and procedures for customers primarily in the meat, pork, poultry area as well as other food industry areas
- Conduct food safety, animal welfare, regulatory, process evaluation, certification audits, and customer specific audits for food plants and processing facilities
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in HACCP. Must be able to complete HACCP training certification
- Demonstrates ability to become highly proficient with GFSI auditing requirements. Must be able to successfully complete BRC and SQF Third Party Auditor Training. Other schemes upon request.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining certification and audit programs.
- Perform required communication with new and existing customers
- Represent FSNS C&A at trade shows and seminars
- Maintain a high degree of technical competence by reading scientific journals, attending professional workshops and being aware of food industry issues and trends
- Supervise or participate in development areas as assigned by the management team
- EXTENSIVE TRAVEL 90-100 % of the work week
- Perform other duties as assigned
- B.S. Degree in Animal Science, Food Science or related field - preferred
- 3+ years of experience or equivalent in QA or Food Safety
- Experience with USDA and FDA inspected manufacturing facilities
- HACCP Trained or Certified preferred
- Quality Assurance or Food Safety Expertise in a beef, pork or poultry plant environment preferred
- Working knowledge of USDA (FSIS) guidelines preferred
- Animal welfare/ or animal husbandry exposure required
- Hold valid Driver’s License
- Must hold passport or have ability to obtain passport
Food Safety Net Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Women, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.