Sr. Manager, Sustainability
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
When it comes to leading the industry with the highest standards in quality, Nestlé Waters Corporate is a vital element of our success. As part of the Corporate team, this is something you'll play a leading role in. Whether you're based in finance or Human Resources, Legal, Communications or IT, you'll be a force for good - someone who is trusted, empowered and supported to make a genuine, lasting impression on our organization. You'll grow and develop as we do, sharing in the success your accomplishments bring. And, as you achieve great things and thrive within our Corporate team, you can be certain your contributions have a wide-reaching impact - on the lives of customers and colleagues alike. Simply put, it's an opportunity to collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry on work that's challenging, engaging, meaningful and never anything less than rewarding.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Manager, Sustainability to be located in our Stamford, CT headquarters and will report to the VP & Chief Sustainability Officer. This position is responsible for the development and execution of a broad-based, company-wide strategic sustainability initiative and the projects and tactics extending from the strategy that advance Nestlé's commitments on sustainability and creating shared value with internal and external partners.
Key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in the creation, management and maintenance of a leading sustainability strategy that aligns with the Nestle and Nestle Waters purpose, specifically addressing areas of community, water, packaging and climate by:
o Maintaining awareness of current internal and external issues, strategies, mandates and influences and identify and prioritize the company's key sustainability issues.
o Formulate action plans with defined objectives, targets and responsibilities.
o Ensure appropriate internal controls and measurement systems are in place.
o Measure and monitor progress against sustainability strategies, objectives and performance targets.
• Collaborate with the company's functions and businesses to ensure alignment of sustainability plans and objectives by coaching the adoption of sustainability principles into operational and long term plans.
• Manage the four internal Sustainability Task Forces to ensure alignment, coordination and impact of sustainability projects by developing and maintaining the Task Force Mandates and accountabilities.
• Serve as an internal subject matter expert on sustainability issues and processes including water, packaging, climate and community.
• Prepare executives to attend and present at conferences, round tables and other internal and external events.
• Attend and act as company spokesperson at conferences, round tables and other internal and external events.
• Coordinate with Communication, Community Relations, Government Relations and Brand and Marketing teams to ensure all sustainability messages are consistent, substantive and credible; and share the company's sustainability effort and promote broad awareness of sustainability initiatives, both internally and externally.
• Advise the VP & CSO on all matters relevant to the sustainability function, implementation and execution of the sustainability strategy.
• Identify and prioritize (proactively and reactively) sustainability issues and recommend strategies for addressing.
• Foster a culture of sustainability through ongoing organizational communications and education.
• Build effective partnerships and collective actions with external organizations that measurably create shared value.
• Maintain and retain high level and high performing team.
Key qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Knowledge of global sustainability challenges and ability to relate them to the local environment and operations.
• Ability to understand complex and/or controversial science and human ecosystem related to sustainability challenges.
• Ability to understand business priorities and align sustainability actions to meet business needs.
• Able to differentiate between conflicting priorities and issues to identify underlying causes.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and assess priorities effectively.
• Strategic thinker that can align operating company needs with Nestle global strategy priorities.
• Communication and influencing skills.
• Navigate a matrixed internal environment.
• Minimum 10 years sustainability experience.
• Minimum 4 years team management experience.
• Resource development and/or extractives experience.
• Bachelor degree in sustainability, sustainable development, environmental sciences or related discipline.
• Master or advanced degree in sustainable development, water, resource management or related discipline preferred.
We offer competitive pay based on education, experience, and other qualifications. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, flex, life, disability, EAP, 401(k) with match, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brands are Nestea, Tradewinds and Sweet Leaf. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?
Apply for Sr. Manager, Sustainability
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly