Quality Assurance Manager
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of five business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain, Technical and Productions and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
Choose a career in Supply Chain and you'll be part of our logistics backbone - and a crucial element of our success. Our factories are where our products start their journey to the customer. This area of Nestlé Waters offers you the chance to experience collaboration in its purest form as you work alongside a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people in our Supply Chain factories spread across the nation. What you do will be fulfilling, impactful and meaningful - not least is you'll be helping to deliver healthy hydration to millions of thirsty customers. We'll make sure you have the strong leadership and clear direction you need to feel motivated and passionate about accomplishing great things. While you take a pride in delivering an excellent performance, you'll see your contributions are recognized and rewarded with an outstanding level of support, training and benefits - everything you need to grow and thrive in your career.
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to join our team in our Dallas, TX facility.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as the lead within the plant for Company Quality initiatives including, the implementation of the Nestlé Quality Management System
- Serves as Food Safety Management System (FSMS) Team Leader to ensure the training of Food Safety Team Members, ensure that the FSMS is established, implemented, maintained, and updated and reports to the
- Factory & Market Quality Managers on FSMS effectiveness & suitability
- Prepare for all Company Quality Audits, ISO audits and respond to issues
- Ensure compliance and record keeping for all mandated quality checks, testing, sampling and sanitation activities
- Track, analyze, and lead initiatives for all quality and customer complaint issues within the plant
- Serve as primary plant liaison with the Customer Service Center, Consumer Affairs and with consumers for quality and complaint issues
- Prepare and maintain permitting and licensing for the plant
- Manage budgeting, purchasing and inventory of plant operating supplies such as filters, chemicals and lab supplies
- Coordinate activities and develop good relationship with key vendors
- Monitor the performance and competencies of plant QA staff and provide leadership, coaching and development as needed
- Lead the execution of cultural changes and activities needed to support Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) and the pursuit of TPM
- Develop initiatives to improve plant performance against Nestle quality measures and ensure plant compliance with company and regulatory standards
- Provide day-to-day leadership to QA Department and act as the primary liaison to Corporate QA, Corporate and outside laboratories, and to external regulatory agencies (FDA, IBWA, EPA, etc.).
- May serve as plant representative for regional quality forums and initiatives
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, microbiology or related field, Masters preferred
- Ten or more years of QA experience with five or more years of QA management experience within consumer products, specifically beverage, food or other clean manufacturing
- Prior microbiology laboratory management and manufacturing line inspection experience
- Knowledge of ISO requirements and audits
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control, HACCP, sanitation, and hygienic design
- Strong project management and computer skills, including Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint;
- ERP system and Quality system experience needed, SAP and Infinity preferred
- Proven leadership skills, coaching and developing leaders & employees
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement and manage to/achieve metrics
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with frontline employees, peers, and executives
- Ability to drive positive change in both processes and systems and culture
- Strong internal and external customer focus with great follow-up
- Ability to provide after hours support to a 24 X 7 operation for critical issues
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brands are Nestea, Tradewinds and Sweet Leaf. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?