Operations & Start-up leader (OSL)
Nestlé Infant Nutrition (Gerber)
is seeking a highly motivated Operations & Start-Up Leader
to join the Engineering Department. The position is based in Eau Claire, WI.
As a CAPEX project team member, ensure Vertical start-up and sustained performance, through effective integration of the operational aspects in the design/installation and leadership of the start-up phase.
• In project design phase, assisting in the User Requirement Specifications development by identifying local site operational constraints. Design solutions have full consideration of the specific local site operational constraints and business requirements.
• Coordinate product / process permits & licenses with the project manager, quality manager and the regulatory team. Product / process is fully permitted and licensed in time for start-up.
• Develop, Coordinate, and manage the staffing and training processes. All factory staff should be hired, trained and certified before commericial production.
• Coordinate the Raw / Pack / Consumables materials availability and production planning during start-up phase. Make sure all materials are available for trials during start-up phase.
• Develop and manage master start-up plan for commissioning, qualification and verification phase, designed to achieve a vertical start-up with sustained performance. Need to ensure the achievement of line performance and vertical start-up with zero recordable injury
• During project start-up phase, coordinate / manage operational team and ensure product, equipment, line and site certifications are completed on time. Ensure safe and fast product qualification.
• Manage the development of Standard Operating Procedures, LOTO procedures, QMS and machine centerlines.
• Ensure a proactive and effective handover of the project to the operational team including the final Manufacturing Dossier (MD).
• Ensure the technical training and transfer (TT&T) which is part of the project handover to operations. This should include all required maintenance, prints, BOM, trainings documents, etc..
• Ensure sustainable performance is achieved by the operational team through the application of the TPM tools
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Required: BS Degree or on going studies - Business, Management, Production and minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing production / maintenance environment
• Desirable: Engineering degree
• Employee must support and comply with all Nestlé programs and policies, including, affirmative action goals and commitments, SHE strategies, corporate citizenship initiatives, GMP's and Safety Policies to ensure employee safety and product quality. Employee must meet all requirements related to NQMS and ISO standards for Quality, Food Safety, Environmental Compliance and Occupational Health and Safety.
• 2 - 3 years in successful Production Leadership as a Production Manager or a Line Supervisor
• 5 years overal professional experience
• 2 - 3 years as Factory Pillar Leader - Autonomous Maintenance or Plainned Maintenance Pillar Leader
• Previous experience as an Operations and Start-up Leader
• Manufacturing Projects (e.g. Product Specialist, Process Engineer, Application Group, …)
• Highly developed ability to maintain a safe working environment through proper housekeeping (5S) with safety practices.
• Highly developed ability to train, to coach people in collaboration with Factory HR
• Highly developed ability to ensure working relationships are harmonious and are focused on achieving common objectives.
• Highly developed ability to elaborate trade-off for optimal choice.
• Highly developed ability to lead people and deliver results through others.