Financial Analyst (Corporate Reporting)
Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the culinary capital.
We are writing a new chapter in our journey; Nestlé USA is opening its new U.S. headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, directly across from Washington, D.C. As a part of this extraordinary moment, you have the opportunity to help build the Nestlé USA of today, and tomorrow.
Our new home in the D.C. area offers close proximity to world class restaurants, shopping, and museums. You are steps away from the world's largest museum, the Smithsonian, and renowned national landmarks such as the Washington Monument.
Nestlé USA is transforming what we do, how we do it, and where we work. Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career.
Discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you.
This position gathers and interprets financial information effectively and forms data into meaningful and concise analyses while considering a broad range of interdependent issues. Identifies areas for change and makes recommendations while managing multiple demands and competing priorities.
At this level the analyst continues to develop his/her financial and technical skills, and interacts with cross-functional teams throughout the organization. The analyst exercises good judgment, stays focused on results and superior customer service, and ensures the integrity of financial reporting in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
· Perform Management and Financial Reporting responsibilities for the Nestle USA
· Perform Ad-Hoc financial analysis for the Finance team
· Develop decision making tools, to be implemented across all NUSA
· Identify, document and implement best practices across all NUSA BU's
· Participate on project teams to deliver solutions on business issues or problems, which may occur within the BU or result from analysis
· Hands-on knowledge of financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow and footnotes
· Hands-on knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (US GAAP) or International Accounting Standards (IAS) assumptions, principles and constraints (i.e. economic equity, going concern, monetary unit, periodic reporting, historical cost, revenue recognition, etc.)
· Working knowledge of financial concepts and principles including cash flow, NPV, IRR, ROI, Economic Profit, etc.
· Knowledge of the principles of cost accounting and activity-based costing
· Proven ability to perform balance sheet and profit/loss account reconciliations and analysis
· Demonstrated ability to comply with policies and procedures
· Ability to perform analyses of variance between actual costs and budgeted/planned costs
· Basic financial modeling skills
· Computer skills: MS Windows, including intermediate Excel and Word, and basic PowerPoint and Access; SAP (or the equivalent) experience.
· BA/BS with major or minor in Accounting or Finance, or BA/BS degree with coursework up to and including intermediate accounting
· Minimum of 18 months experience in Accounting/Finance
Nestle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment. All candidates must apply online at Nestleusacareers.com