2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Maintenance Mechanic actively troubleshoots, diagnoses, and performs preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance on production and facilities support equipment and systems. A Maintenance Mechanic applies technical knowledge to maintain Company assets to the highest possible standards. This position uses knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic principles and use of machine shop tools to maintain, repair, and troubleshoot facility equipment.
• Maintain, repair, disassemble, and troubleshoot complex processes, high speed packaging machinery, and other manufacturing equipment
• Fabricate, assemble, repair, and utilize Nestlé software reporting system for work orders and Preventative Maintenance
• Repair and utilize material handling equipment including manual pallet jacks, battery operated pallet jacks, stand up and sit down trucks, scissors lifts, boom type man-lifts, & equipment / component hoists
• Perform job assignments alone or as a member of a work crew, depending on the nature of the assignment
• Read blueprints, diagrams, and/or machinery manuals to diagnose problems, identify components, and verify proper equipment operation
• Layout, plan, measure, and execute tasks to support maintenance efforts
• Utilize power & hand tools such as saws, drills, and small powered equipment to properly and safely to support work activities
• Install new equipment as necessary
• Clean tools, parts and equipment after line rebuilds/repairs/maintenance as necessary
• Provide technical expertise to train and support production and create an environment of continuous learning
• Maintain housekeeping and sanitation of work area and equipment
• Use of Nestlé computer systems for accurate tracking of product as required
• Train others on job tasks of this role
• Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and safely. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 3 to 5 years of related experience; or a combination of education and experience. Proficiency in one or more of the following: machinist, millwright, welder, or pipe fitter.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine repots and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with groups or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
Apply for Mechanic Maintenance
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly