Retail Sales Rep
Position Location: Home Office - Hawaii
Working at Nestle:
At Nestlé, we pride ourselves in providing true developmental growth, and our world renowned training programs do just that! Build your business mindset and learn all about our industry as a Retail Sales Representative for the largest Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company in the world. We offer an environment that is diverse, challenging and supportive, including hands-on experience and real-world responsibilities. Our collaborative and open business environment that has consistently ranked us as the number one consumer food products company, in Fortune magazine's annual survey of the World's Most Admired companies, for eight consecutive years.
What to Expect:
As a Retail Sales Representatives (RSR), you will immediately take ownership of distinct territories and have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, such as: new item introductions, marketing promotions, increase incremental sales volume, merchandising and maintaining existing product lines to national, regional and local grocery stores. Become an expert in our iconic brands and develop the foundation needed to maximize your growth as a future leader. Your sales territory will be within the area where you reside and company vehicle will be provided. As an RSR, you will benefit from a structured development program, including a 6-week training program, which provides both classroom and field instruction. In addition, you will have access to Nestlé University training and other targeted development opportunities.
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary purpose and function of the person holding this position is to sell Nestlé USA, Nestle Purina Petcare, and Nestle Waters North America line of products to grocery stores located on U.S. military installations. Activities will center on selling new item introductions, marketing promotions, line extensions, merchandising and maintenance of existing product lines. In some instances this position will be responsible for training of new sales employees.
o Assume complete responsibility for store activity and development within a territory.
o Execute promotionally effective marketing and sales programs at store level.
o Establish and achieve retail sales goals and objectives for territory.
o Increase store sales volume within territory.
o Suggest creative sales and marketing concepts to Management.
o Ensure that authorized distributions are present within assigned retail accounts.
o Capitalize on retail distribution opportunities at store level and communicate competitive distribution gains and losses.
o Implement and achieve corporate merchandizing objectives at all assigned accounts.
o Obtain maximum display support at all assigned retail accounts.
o Use POS material to support the movement of all products.
o Provide useful and timely service to accounts and handle customer and consumer complaints in accordance with policies.
o Submit and maintain proper customer records, sales, activities and other required reports and forms.
o Company car and other company equipment should be maintained in accordance with company policies.
o Develop proper relations and rapport with customers within territory.
o Maintain proper territory coverage of all assigned accounts within territory.
o Drive to assigned stores and provide sales coverage as required.
o Maintain, organize and update all sales materials for effective utilization.
o Manage unsaleable products according to company policies.
This entry-level role is designed to develop the future sales leaders of Nestlé. These highly sought after positions are comprehensive, interactive and strategically integrated into our Sales department. We are looking for people with the right mix of talent and enthusiasm - with proven leadership skills, strong analytical, communication skills, nationwide mobility and individuals with the ability to work in a team setting are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Ability to learn the role and responsibilities of the position
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others
- Detail oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to solve common problems experienced in a retail environment
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to analyze financial, inventory, retail conditions, and/or other data to determine appropriate selling approach
• High interest in sales.
• History of good work performance.
• Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
• Persuasion skills, interpersonal skills, ability to influence others.
• Drive Excellence in Execution: Retail Operations - Standard - Understands and communicates retail objectives and tactical plans; Technology & Tools - Standard - Applies basic technology/tools efficiently in daily activities
• Develop Effective Customer Strategy Development: Supply Chain Management - Standard - Understands Nestlé reliable supply chain capabilities and its impact on the customer; In-Store Communication Solutions - Standard - Demonstrates an understanding of best practices and takes actions as needed
• Effective Selling - Standard - Uses the Nestlé selling and presentation models to achieve a business objective
A passion for Sales
- Valid United States Driver's License and satisfactory driving record are required for this position as a company vehicle will be provided
- It is mandatory that the successful candidate live within the assigned sales territory for drive time and efficiency purposes
- Some overnight travel may be requires - 1 or 2 nights per month on average
- Ability to lift and carry 55 pounds