Innovation Quality Manager - R&D
NDC Solon is the lead development center for Frozen and Chilled Culinary Products. Our mission is to create gaps with innovative ideas, technologies and solutions to deliver innovative products to delight consumers and create profitable growth for our business partners. NDC Solon provides product, process & system expertise to support the Nestlé Model by discovering, developing and deploying new product concepts by way of innovative processes and raw materials. NDC Solon provides category leadership through Packaging innovation, Science & Technology Development, Engineering & Manufacturing Mastery, Food Safety Leadership and Consumer & Sensory insights research.
Provides the leadership necessary to establish and maintain food safety & quality levels of new products and global operating standards through application of insights based on expertise and experience. Role is the Guardian of Q&FS compliance and challenger of all functions across the global Frozen & Chilled Culinary Category to drive Continuous Improvements in support of the Nestlé's innovation & Renovation processes.
- Is responsible for providing the leadership and expertise to support Nestle factories, co-manufacturers, suppliers and all aspects of the value chain within Nestle.
- Provides technical expertise and support to ensure the central (global) approval of sensitive products are managed successfully through food safety and quality assessments of future product launches.
- Utilizes tools such as auditing, risk assessments/modeling, process evaluation, and trend analysis to achieve Global category objectives. Leadership to the Markets and factories is a key activity - communicate the latest scientific and technological information for practical application in the factory. Reports to the Quality & Food Safety Group Manager.
- Lead the Quality & Food Safety aspects of planned product launches and providing key technical expertise to the global Markets that distribute Frozen & Chilled Culinary products through stage gate development processes.
- Promote quality awareness and ownership across the Chilled & Frozen Culinary value chain
- Support the effective operation of site HACCP and Food Safety Team, as needed.
- Create factory operating Quality Standards in line with the Culinary Chilled & Frozen global strategy.
- Provide technical support/resources for, Suppliers, Co-manufacturers and Affiliates, which include insuring continued compliance to formal release requirements of associated products
- Perform other duties as assigned
Provides Support/Input to:
- Market product Application Groups, Engineering, Supply chain, as well as Suppliers & Co-Manufacturers on I&R (Innovation & Renovation) process & issues.
- Extended globally related functions: NPTC Food (Singen) & related Centers, NRC-Lausanne, CO-QM, CT-PTD, B-Food & other NPTC/NDCs in the same Market/Region
- NUSA Quality Supplier Management by providing service (as requested) for Vendor audits, advice and follow up of actions plans related to novel raw materials
- Early Warning and Issue Round Table (IRT) forums
- Communication of new and/or updated Regulatory Policies within Project Teams, Market technical groups & global technical functions.
- Engagement with local, State and Federal agencies, as needed.
- Facilitate the development of an open and productive culture where people take pride & responsibility in what they do. Continually inform and involve all relevant personnel in the exchange of information necessary to ensure alignment to current and future objectives.
- Foster innovative discovery and development by leveraging risk assessment skills and tools to ensure a compliant, lean and effective process.
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Microbiology, Food Science or similar discipline. Masters preferred. Must be able to practically apply scientific knowledge to product quality and process safety.
- Minimum 5-7 years Quality Management experience, preferably in food manufacturing or consumer goods industry. Within this, there would ideally be 2-3 years of factory QA experience, preferably at a QA Manager level.
- Must have strong knowledge and understanding of food safety / HACCP, GMP's, Allergen Controls, Sanitary design/controls, pest control, related food regulations, specifications, product release, analytical and microbiological lab methods and food technology processes.
- Competence in Quality & Food safety related systems & principles
- Competence in Microbiology and Hygiene monitoring
- Coaching & development in production and/or corporate settings
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced, changing/dynamic environment with minimal direct supervision and have strong demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and self-initiative skills.
- Strong demonstrated verbal / written communications, influencing skills, analytical and problem solving skills. Must be detailed and results oriented. Statistical analysis & Lean Six Sigma experience is preferred.
- Operates with integrity and is respectful
- ISO 9001, FSSC 22000, HACCP & FDA-PCQI training or similar Food Safety and Quality Systems training. Implementation experience on Food Safety and/or Quality programs is strongly preferred.
- PC proficiency in Windows-based applications: Word, Excel, Access (preferred)
- Available to travel up to 25%.