Nestle Nutrition is seeking a Category Manager to join its Walmart Sales Team in Rogers, AR. The primary responsibilities of this position are to accelerate category sales and share of Nestle Nutrition and Nestlé Health Science Consumer Care with Walmart through category and consumer insight support in alignment with the Organizational Master Plan (OMP) and brand strategies.
Job functions would also include a full spectrum of data analysis, consumer and category insights, assortment, and merchandising recommendations using category management principles to exceed division's volume, RIG, profit, share targets, and Walmart Inc. Success in the role is defined as a category and customer expert to the internal CCSD Team and Walmart.
1.) Integrate Category Management Principles and Consumer/Shopper Insights to achieve consistent sales growth, share targets, and profitable category/aisle growth strategy. Provides fact based category insights and shelf recommendations as the category advisor/influencer within key categories to the Customer. Support the annual modular relay process and periodic modular updates/refreshes. Manage the creation, development, and execution of modulars (planograms) for the Category. Utilizes Customer Specific Data to support brand and customer strategy. Assist with Walmart MOD script resolution. 25%
2.) Utilize available technology (Retail Link, Shiloh, Nielsen) and other resources to track, analyze, and evaluate internal and external business trends and offers actionable insights to achieve category/aisle business growth goals. Incorporate fact-based consumer and shopper insights to provide recommendations related to the Categories and Nestlé's item assortment and merchandising. Assist with weekly reporting needs for Walmart Leadership Team. 30%
3.) Analyzes new item sales to track performance against objectives. Analyzes account specific POS or available syndicated data to achieve share of shelf, market share, merchandising flow, and promotional objectives. Executes item assortment optimization to achieve distribution, share of shelf, and shelf layout goals. 15%
4.) Evaluate current category management strategies on assigned businesses. Continually develop consumer and category insights. Identify business opportunities and solutions. Assist with Ad-Hoc reporting to meet Walmart and internal Nestlé needs. 15%
5.) Support Walmart Infant Nutrition Leadership Team with weekly category analysis and market reporting. Develops business performance scorecards. 15%
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Training and experience in the following areas: Highly developed Presentation skills, Interpersonal Skills, Negotiation Skills, Sales skills, Time Management, Project Management
- Experience: 3 years CPG relevant experience, Category analyst, internal or field based
- Ability to analyze, interpret and develop recommendations from syndicated data sources
- Technical skill set including Shipment and Consumption analytics experience
- Solid understanding of category and customer management
- Ability to collaborate and effectively work cross functionally
- Must be able to travel up to 15% of total time to visit markets across U.S.