2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Nestlé Health Science (NHSc) is a company on a mission and on the move, motivated by the opportunity to forge a major therapeutic role for nutrition in the management of health and establish a new industry between food and pharmaceuticals. The two elements of the equation are simple; societies are ageing and age and lifestyle related diseases are spiraling. Needs are growing for safe, effective and cost-effective solutions. At the same time, scientific understanding of health, disease and the potential of nutrition - as an integral part of managing health and disease - is growing.
Nestlé Health Science, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Nestlé Group, was created in 2011 to be a leader in these developments and make things happen. We have over 3,000 employees around the world with a wide mix of capabilities - from bio-medical engineers
to regulatory specialists, medical delegates (sales force) and health economic experts that reflect our dynamism and intent to create.
The position with the direction of the Director, Finance will coordinate, facilitate and support the purchasing functions within the Research and Development function at the Bridgewater, NJ site. This position will be the liaison connecting the users of the purchasing function at the site with our centralized purchasing group. In addition the role will be the SAP expert in the purchasing area and be responsible for the administration and integrity of all data related to the purchasing function at the site.
• Facilitation of the purchasing process by acting as a liaison between department requestors and purchasing shared service group.
• Creation of new vendors, creation, validation and closure of purchase orders with SAP software
• Coordination of P-card activity, liaison with Nestle Business Services and enforcement of P-card Policy.
• Facilitation and documentation of 3rd party bidding process.
• Ensure adherence to Nestle purchasing policies, internal compliance and quality standards.
Experience and Education Requirements
• 2-4 years utilizing SAP; preferably within the purchasing function
• Strong understanding of SAP purchasing modules a plus
• Quality written and verbal communication skills
• High School Degree plus minimum 5 years' experience in Finance or Accounting
• Basic understanding of purchasing/accounting concepts
• Solid understanding and utilization of Microsoft Office applications
• Demonstrated organizational and customer Service Skills
• BS / Accounting or Business major
In addition to the above, you have to demonstrate your ability to work constructively with everyone who contributes; to be open to fresh ideas and leverage diversity of backgrounds and experiences; and to act with integrity. You also have to demonstrate your ability to focus on what matters and make choices; to deliver against clear, actionable and measurable priorities, and to work with a lean and nimble mindset. Finally, you will have to demonstrate your ability to challenge the status quo and to help us change the way people view nutritional therapies in health management, with a can-do attitude and passion.
Apply for Purchasing Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly