3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: This posting is to fill a Maintenance Mechanic Position at the Modesto, CA Factory.
The Maintenance Mechanic under the direction of the Lead Engineer, will provide for the operation, care and maintenance of all water, steam, electrical, refrigeration, utilities, and operational support systems.
Employee shall follow Modesto, CA Factory safety & environmental objectives & targets, follow the plant safety rules, report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately, maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
- Starts, stops, operates, monitors, and maintains all utilities and operational support systems.
- Plans & completes all preventive and corrective maintenance of all facility and office equipment to include but not limited to the following:
- Maintain electrical/pneumatic controls and switch gear
- Maintain all plant processing and packaging equipment
- Maintain factory grounds including roadways, buildings, fencing, landscape and irrigation systems
- Maintain and operate boiler water treatment, steam, and condensate systems
- Maintain and operate ammonia refrigeration system (chillers, rooftop units, cooling towers, glycol, chilled water systems, AHU's, etc.)
- Maintain air compression systems including air dryers
- Monitor and coordinate cooling tower water treatment and component repairs
- Maintain, monitor, and clean water filtration equipment, including silos, carbon filters, fresh water, recycle water networks, and RO system and components
- Monitor and control chemical treatment of pH neutralization system and control of wastewater discharge
- Monitor and test factory fire protection systems including sprinkler system, fire pump and alarms
- Maintain chemical treatment of cooling towers
- Monitoring and administration of energy management systems
- Complete GLOBE AMM transactions as assigned
- Complete daily checklists and preventive / predictive maintenance programs for utility equipment.
- Identifies utility equipment problems and improvement opportunities and communicates to appropriate personnel.
- Provides improvement project support as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all Nestlé, FDA, and NEE best practices and utilities quality requirements.
General Expectations: Employee must come to work promptly and regularly, work under the supervision of others, at times under stressful conditions, work within deadlines, and be able to work professionally with others at all times and in all situations.
% OF TIME
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
High School graduate
Depending on job assignment, the following may be required:
Must pass a medical evaluation and pulmonary function test for use of respirator
- Certification as licensed Wastewater Operator - level 2
- Certification as Ammonia Refrigeration Technician (RETA/CIRO certification and Nestle certification)
- California Weekly Fire Pump Test Certification
- Nestle Boiler Operator Certification
Should possess 1-5 years experience in the plant maintenance field. Should be familiar with each of the following: boilers, water treatment, air compressors, refrigeration, plumbing, welding, machine skills, carpentry, electrical/electronics (including plc's), pneumatics, hydraulics, heating, cooling, packaging and manufacturing equipment
Apply for Mechanic Maintenance
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly