Northeast Regional Fleet Manager
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of five business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain, Technical and Productions
and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
Choose a career in Supply Chain
and you'll be part of our logistics backbone - and a crucial element of our success. Our factories are where our products start their journey to the customer. This area of Nestlé Waters offers you the chance to experience collaboration in its purest form as you work alongside a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people in our Supply Chain factories spread across the nation. What you do will be fulfilling, impactful and meaningful - not least is you'll be helping to deliver healthy hydration to millions of thirsty customers. We'll make sure you have the strong leadership and clear direction you need to feel motivated and passionate about accomplishing great things. While you take a pride in delivering an excellent performance, you'll see your contributions are recognized and rewarded with an outstanding level of support, training and benefits - everything you need to grow and thrive in your career.
Nestle Waters North America currently has an opening for Northeast Regional Fleet Manager based out of our Poland Spring, ME location. The Regional Fleet Manager is a key leadership role responsible for ensuring the safe and timely delivery of spring water into Northeast factories. This is a vital, high-profile role which requires strong leadership, strategic vision, safety mindset and solid people communication skills to ensure that Poland Spring supply needs are consistently met.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead, coach and develop Tanker Fleet resources and employees to meet current and future business needs
- Drive a robust, ‘people first' safety culture with all Tanker Fleet employees
- Partner with Planning, Natural Resources and Manufacturing to understand and align upon production plans and water supply needs
- Oversee fleet and carrier compliance to all Federal and State transport regulations as well as Nestle Standards
- Work closely with Nestle Waters Procurement and equipment suppliers to ensure appropriate tractor, tanker and support equipment is in-pace to meet business requirements
- Facilitate the execution of changes and activities needed to support Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) and Lean Operations Management
- Ensure that proper Tank cleaning and inspections (CIP's) are executed on-schedule to maintain quality and tank capacity requirements
- Negotiate carrier rates and be accountable for actual freight cost vs budget and carrier routing compliance.
- Complete, update and review various reports to monitor safety, service and cost performance
- Review and address community concerns regarding tanker fleet activity; instill a ‘Poland Spring ambassador' mindset into drivers who operate throughout the Northeast U.S.
- Participate in National and Regional Operations Reviews to review performance trends and to share best practices
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor Degree in Logistics, Transportation, Supply Chain or other relevant field is preferred
- 8 years of experience in transportation, including four years managing carrier relationships and rates
- Prior experience in the consumer goods industry desired, food or beverage preferred
- Demonstrated success in leading, motivating and coaching individuals and teams
- Possess a strong Safety focus and the ability to fortify departmental safety culture
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to reach ‘win-win' solutions with internal and external partners
- Knowledge of transportation safety processes, guidelines and technologies
- Understanding of government regulations related to the Transportation Industry and Food Safety
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with a strong ability to build relationships
- Demonstrated success in project management, problem solving and continuous improvement
- Excellent follow-up skills with a customer-focused approach
- Possess a strong work ethic and the ability to support a ‘24/7' regional operation
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Word and PowerPoint and experienced analysis capabilities utilizing Excel and Access
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred)
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brands are Nestea, Tradewinds and Sweet Leaf. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?
Apply for Northeast Regional Fleet Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly