Packaging Engineer Design Manager
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of five business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain, Technical and Productions
and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
Choose a career in Technical & Production
and you'll be part of our logistics backbone - and a crucial element of our success. Our factories are where our products start their journey to the customer. This area of Nestlé Waters offers you the chance to experience collaboration in its purest form as you work alongside a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people in our Technical & Production factories spread across the nation. What you do will be fulfilling, impactful and meaningful - not least is you'll be helping to deliver healthy hydration to millions of thirsty customers. We'll make sure you have the strong leadership and clear direction you need to feel motivated and passionate about accomplishing great things. While you take a pride in delivering an excellent performance, you'll see your contributions are recognized and rewarded with an outstanding level of support, training and benefits - everything you need to grow and thrive in your career.
We currently have an opening for a Filling and Packaging Design Engineering Manager in our Coppell, TX engineering office.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Direct design activities to meet overall project objectives (scope, cost, quality, schedule) for any project that includes filling, capping, labeling, conveying, packing, coding, palletizing, and stretch wrapping.
- Proactively propose and drive new ideas/projects/methods to Business Units and Operations. Build and document knowledge about latest methods, trends and developments in relevant field, integrate basic knowledge (or knowledge from other fields) in the interpretation of the results.
- Develops and issues bid packages for engineering design to outside engineering design firms and is the main liaison with external firms and partners.
- Ensures compliance with all safety and quality directives and regulations.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining packaging equipment specifications
- Follows up with equipment vendors to ensure equipment is built to NWNA specifications.
- Participates in the commissioning and startup of new equipment as required.
- Work with plant teams and project management teams to resolve outstanding issues.
- Develops a relationship with machine vendors such that they deliver what the business requires from a cost, quality, scope, and schedule point of view.
- Provide accurate and on-time support to factory operations with effective (quality, cost and on-time) and sustainable solutions.
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Food or Beverage Industry. Preference is for relevant experience in high speed bottling.
- Strong Technical as well as leadership capabilities and can speak to influencing, facilitation and communicating with various groups.
- Strength in visualizing complete projects at the conceptual stage.
- Candidate must have a strong desire to help the customer and add value to the business.
- Candidate must aspire to deliver on-time, on-cost and at-the-quality within their scope of responsibility.
- Highly motivated, well organized, and goal oriented capable of operating alone or in multi discipline groups, with minimum amount of direct supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Must be able to travel nationally and to Canada approximately 20-45% of the time
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brands are Nestea, Tradewinds and Sweet Leaf. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?
Apply for Packaging Engineer Design Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly