Nestlé Health Science (NHSc) is a company on a mission and on the move, motivated by the opportunity to forge a major therapeutic role for nutrition in the management of health and establish a new industry between food and pharmaceuticals. The two elements of the equation are simple; societies are ageing and age and lifestyle related diseases are spiraling. Needs are growing for safe, effective and cost-effective solutions. At the same time, scientific understanding of health, disease and the potential of nutrition - as an integral part of managing health and disease - is growing.
Nestlé Health Science, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Nestlé Group, was created in 2011 to be a leader in these developments and make things happen. We have over 3,000 employees around the world with a wide mix of capabilities - from bio-medical engineers to regulatory specialists, medical delegates (sales force) and health economic experts that reflect our dynamism and intent to create.
NHSc is seeking an experienced corporate paralegal to provide a range of legal support and administration to the Nestlé Health Science Legal Department. Day-to-day duties include basic contract drafting and review under attorney supervision, administrative management of the contracting process, legal and factual research, maintenance of corporate records and legal files and support for litigation and regulatory-related matters as needed.
• Draft, review, negotiate and finalize standard-type contracts under the general supervision of an attorney (including non-disclosure, master service, consulting, research, grant, physician service and standard limited license agreements).
• Manage all administrative aspects of the contract review and approval process, including cataloguing and tracking the status of contracts, training internal clients on contract forms and procedures, maintaining a contract filing system and recommending policies and procedures to ensure proper processing of contracts.
• Manage the process of obtaining compliance training certifications and company policy acknowledgements from employees, including maintenance of tracking and filing system
• Perform legal and other related research on various issues, including FDA labeling and FTC sales and marketing requirements, federal and state healthcare fraud and abuse laws, as well as general corporate governance and compliance matters.
• Review marketing materials & labeling for compliance with company policies and applicable requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and Paralegal Certificate from ABA-approved program preferred
- Minimum 6 years of paralegal experience
- In-house corporate paralegal experience preferred
- Experience in life sciences, pharmaceutical, medical device or other healthcare-related fields (including knowledge of contracting issues specific to the healthcare industry) preferred
- FDA and/or FTC regulatory experience a plus
- Ability to proactively develop and implement process improvements and efficiencies