Nestlé Health Science (NHSc) is a company on a mission and on the move, motivated by the opportunity to forge a major therapeutic role for nutrition in the management of health and establish a new industry between food and pharmaceuticals. The two elements of the equation are simple; societies are ageing and age and lifestyle related diseases are spiraling. Needs are growing for safe, effective and cost-effective solutions. At the same time, scientific understanding of health, disease and the potential of nutrition - as an integral part of managing health and disease - is growing.
Nestlé Health Science, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Nestlé Group, was created in 2011 to be a leader in these developments and make things happen. We have over 3,000 employees around the world with a wide mix of capabilities - from bio-medical engineers to regulatory specialists, medical delegates (sales force) and health economic experts that reflect our dynamism and intent to create.
The primary role of the Finance Manager is to provide Financial support the Medical Nutrition US business with focus on controlling of PFME, support to the month end close, dynamic forecasting process and co-pilot support to the Optifast business. The Finance Manager will also provide support to other business functions to provide timely, accurate, and insightful financial analysis when required. This could include updating teams on actual spend vs budget, cost analyses, and early deviation detection on PFME or working with the marketing function on product innovations. The Finance Manager is expected to provide clear and effective reporting of financial results while constantly looking for areas of business optimization, and process improvement.
• Finance Co-Pilot for devices and Optifast business out of the Medical Nutrition product platform. This includes monthly P&L support, monthly forecasts and budget support. Participate in the monthly operation review meeting the the business and the demand planning group. Update necessary software (Dodeca) to ensure forecasts are properly reported.
• Finance lead for the product innovation / renovation (NPDI) projects. This will include preparing NPV calculations when reviewing products, participate in project meetings, P&L scenarios (volume, pricing, COGS, other costs) and to give guidiance to ensure that time and funds are spent on products giving largest returns.
• Cost center management for sale force cost centers (PFME). This will include monthly cost center reviews for month end close, accruals, quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting. Calculate budget allocation to Infant Nutrition for Business Operation cost centers. Assist cost center managers with questions as needed.
• Support to month end close process. This will include monthly accrual for temp labor and building utilities; also manual allocations for building costs and non-MOGE cost centers; review of cost centers to ensure costs are properly reported. Bad goods accrual, and journal entries for chargebacks.
• Monthly review of Medical Nutrition PFME projects. Ensure overall spending it held within budget and to asssit with forecasting.
• Support the monthly DF process by uploading revised volume forecasts into Dodeca, generate the revised P&L s in Dodeca and provide input for difference analysis (revised DF vs prior DF), follow-up as necessary with other Finance teams for changes in NNS, COGS, FFOH, PFME, MOGE assumptions.
• Finacial reports and presentation support. Assist in creating financial reports for different uses as necessary. Assist in creating presentations to support the monthly reporting and forecasting cycle.
• Update annual recurring Journal entries. Need to work with the other finance team members to gather potential Journal entries to be made as well as doing own recurring entries. This is done mainly once a year.
• Assist as needed on other Finance topics or projects.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting required, MBA a plus
• Up to 5 years experience in planning and reporting
• Background in consumer or pharma products a plus