Supervisor Facilities Maintenance
Nestlé Infant Nutrition (Gerber) is seeking a highly motivated Maintenance Facilities Supervisor to join the Maintenance Department. This position is based in Eau Claire, WI.
The Maintenance Team Advisor has the responsibility to provide decision-making and support for the safe, sanitary and profitable operation of the manufacturing facility. This includes the responsibility to ensure adequate team
Coverage and product integrity with accepted and approved GMP manufacturing and documentation principles. Through written and verbal communications, the Maintenance Team Advisor is required to provide and receive essential information to ensure that the maintenance department supports factory production at optimum efficiency levels.
Provides leadership, development, and support to team members under the guidance of the Nestle Management and Leadership Principles.
▪ Review and complete daily Maintenance Foundation Documents.
• Supervise the daily activities and projects of maintenance personnel.
• Evaluate training needs to ensure that mechanics are properly equipped to perform their jobs.
• Review and document team member's daily timecards, attendance records and provide input for team member performance evaluations
• Ensure compliance with preventative maintenance on time completion
• Ensure compliance with maintenance and engineering budgetary process.
• Work with and supervise outside contractors and field service technicians.
• Write work orders, coordinate P.O.'s and estimates.
Emergency Response Team:
• Participate and supervise the factory's Emergency Response Team during shift. Actively participate in safety and loss control initiatives.
Safety and Environmental:
• Follow factory safety & environmental objectives & targets
• Follow the plant safety rules; report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water etc. Will also recycle all appropriate materials (paper, plastic, food, etc.)
Inter Departmental Communication
• Participates in Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) tasks such as Shift hand over (SHO) meetings, Daily Operational Review (DOR) meetings, Go-Se-Think-Do (GSTD) problem solving, Engineering DMAIC's and White Belt Projects. Reviews key performance indicators for daily performance.
• Partcipate as a member of the Preventative Maintenance (PM) Pillar
• Prepare for and facilitate team meetings when required. Provide daily/weekend support.
• Work closely with all Maintenance and Engineering groups.
• Follow factory food safety, quality objectives & targets
• Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices; report food safety and quality issues immediately.
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to Nestle Quality Management System on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as indicated on QMS, OJT's and SOP's that apply.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Required: Associate Degree in electromechanical or related engineering field. Will consider 5 years in a maintenance supervisory role in lieu of a degree.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field. SMRP certified.
Required: Experience in a maintenance environment.
Preferred: Supervisory experience in a union environment.
Experience in a food or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Above average communication skills (written and oral)
• Demonstrated ability to lead others
• Fluent in coaching others
• Problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required; SAP experience is preferred
• Knowledge of OSHA regulations
• Working knowledge of PLCs