Site Quality Program Lead
- Supports the development, implementation, training and administration of Site Q&FS activities in all phases of product & process development
- Drive improvements and monitor Quality Metrics/KPI's at the facility
- Promote quality awareness and ownership across the Chilled & Frozen Culinary value chain
- Monitor and assess performance of the quality systems, report its effectiveness to management and implement actions for improvement
- Ensure compliance of the audit programs for internal and external audits (i.e. FSSC 22000, NQMS, NGA & regulatory audits)
- Ensure the effective operation of site HACCP and Food Safety Team
- Drive Hygiene, Zoning and GMP programs across the site and external warehouse
- Identify and apply “Standard Practices” within the facility, in line with B-Food (Food SBU) Chilled & Frozen NWSM
- Address deviations and assure proper root cause, corrective/preventive actions are in place to prevent reoccurrence
- Leverage NCE foundations, pillars & associated tools to drive performance across the functions (GA, FI, LO)
- Manage Q&FS related site projects from inception to final reports and implementation that are based inside and outside the resources of the Q&FS team on a site basis
- Provide technical support/resources for, Suppliers, Co-manufacturers and Affiliates, which include insuring continued compliance to formal release requirements of associated products
- Perform other duties as assigned
Provides Support/Input to:
- Market TAG, Engineering, Supply chain, as well as Suppliers & Co-Manufacturers on I&R (Innovation & Renovation) process & issues.
- Extended globally related functions: NPTC Food (Singen) & related Centers, NRC-Lausanne, CO-QM, CT-PTD, B-Food & other NPTC/NDCs in the same Market/Region.
- NUSA Quality Supplier Management by providing service (as requested) for Vendor audits, advice and follow up of actions plans related to novel raw materials.
- Early Warning and Issue Round Table (IRT) forums
- Communication of new and/or updated Regulatory Policies within the Site
- Support to local, State and Federal agencies as needed
- Cultural Development
- Facilitate the development of an open and productive culture where people take pride & responsibility in what they do. Continually inform and involve all relevant personnel in the exchange of information necessary to ensure alignment to current and future objectives
- Foster innovative discovery and development by leveraging risk assessment skills and tools to ensure a compliant, lean and effective process
- Support and foster a Quality Culture of Excellence through Behavioral Base Quality initiatives for the Site
- Support Monthly reviews of KPI's and contribute towards meeting the yearly Center goals for the Site
- Support semi-annual MR reviews for the Site
- Support First-Time-Right (FTR) approach in the context of a highly dynamic work context, with new equipment, raw materials, personnel introduced on a frequent basis
- Promote good communication skills and communicate effectively to others
- Coach Site personnel to solve problems (Go-See-Think-Do) with Compliance in mind
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Microbiology, Food Science or similar discipline. Masters preferred. Must be able to practically apply scientific knowledge to product quality and process safety.
- Minimum 3-5 years Quality Management experience, preferably in food manufacturing or consumer goods industry. Prefer 1-2 years of factory QA experience, preferably at a QA Supervisor level.
- Must have strong knowledge and understanding of food safety / HACCP, GMP's, Allergen Controls, Sanitary design/controls, pest control, related food regulations, specifications, product release, analytical and microbiological lab methods and food technology processes.
- Facility utilities support (QMS, HACCP, sampling, data management, troubleshooting)
- Competence in Quality & Food safety related systems & principles
- Competence in Microbiology and Hygiene monitoring
- Coaching & development in production and/or corporate settings
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced, changing/dynamic environment with minimal direct supervision and have strong demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and self-initiative skills.
- Strong demonstrated verbal / written communications, influencing skills, analytical and problem solving skills. Must be detailed and results oriented. Statistical analysis & Focus Improvement (FI) experience is preferred.
- Operates with integrity and is respectful
- Nestlé NQMS, FSSC 22000, HACCP & FDA-PCQI training or similar Food Safety and Quality Systems training. Implementation experience on Food Safety and/or Quality programs is strongly preferred.
- PC proficiency in Windows-based applications: Word, Excel, Access (preferred)
- Available to travel 20%.