Technician Factory Quality 3rd Shift
The QA Technician's primary responsibilities will include raw material and packaging inspections, monitoring of in-process inspections and finished goods documentation review and/or performs a variety of standard microbiological, chemical and physical or sensory testing and assays. Responsibilities will also include maintaining logs and data records associated with job function (e.g. non-conforming materials, corrective action log, hold logs, net content files, etc.).
- Supports investigations on improvement projects (e.g. holds, consumer complaints), helps to identify root causes, and helps to identify corrective actions and monitors for effectiveness.
- Execute required tests on incoming ingredients and packaging according to QMS (Quality Monitoring Scheme)
- Perform verification on finished goods documentation to ensure that each finished good lot meets positive release criteria.
- Support training for line operators to ensure process checks are accurate and timely as stated in QMS.
- Retain finished good samples and set up sensory panel daily.
- Hold "Out of specification" material. Communicate with supervisors
- Utilize net contents software/hardware to obtain net content information to release finished goods as well as assist operators with the use of net contents equipment.
- Calibrate lab equipment such as pH meter, moisture analyzers, refractometer, scales, etc according to ICP (internal control plan).
- Support execution of GMPs throughout the plant and follow safety rules and procedures.
- Results recording for net contents, sensory, HACCP and SSOP
- Assist in Intelex Document Control System, record retention program and management of Recipe/Formula/Deviation database and distribution
- Support Management of Change Process
- Support Tracking/Trending of Behavior Based Quality Program
- Conducts daily routine sample analyses using lab techniques and other instrumentation following Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Organizes laboratory records and files, summarizes data, and prepares and interprets reports for use by management. Ensures compliance to procedures and work instructions
- Supports laboratory activities to ensure that a high quality of products, services, housekeeping, and hygiene standards are maintained and improved in laboratory and other analytical areas.
- Responsible for daily/weekly plating, reading, release/holds, swabbing, calibration, sample collection, Internal Control Plan, sample preparations, etc..
- Supports the administration, training, and execution of off- and on-line sensory, and test methods.
- Supports laboratory compliance (Calibration, equipment testing, etc.) to FSSC 22000 and Nestlé requirements
- Supports continuous improvement of Quality metrics/KPI's in the lab.
- Ensures correct recording of laboratory and quality records in compliance with the factory Quality Monitoring Scheme (QMS), including storage and retrieval of records.
- Supports Operations in attaining the Nestlé Quality Standards (QMS, NGMP, Manufacturing Instructions, etc.).
- Employee shall follow and carry out company policy on all required GMP, quality and food safety requirements and escalate quality or food safety findings or incidents.
- Ensures that a high quality of products, services, housekeeping, and hygiene standards are maintained and improved in designated areas.
- Supports the compliance for FSSC 22000 while supporting continuous improvement for Quality metrics/KPI's in their area of responsibility.
- Supports Improvement initiatives (e.g. complaints, holds) with Factory.
SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and Nestlé guidelines pertaining to safety, health, and environmental.
- To be part of the culture change towards behavioral safety improvement.
NESTLÉ CONTINUOUS EXCELLENCE
- Supports key Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE) initiatives.
Other duties as assigned by manager.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
B.S. Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or other related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Preferably 1-3 years manufacturing QA/QC and/or laboratory experience in food industry.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments.
- Must be precise and accurate, well organized worker.
- Must be able to perform in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Good mathematical (basic statistical skills highly desirable), problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with computer systems, personal computers, spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office, etc.) and mainframe system with custom applications preferred.