Corporate Executive Chef-National Accounts
This position provides experienced culinary leadership and best-in-class culinary support for assigned National Account customers. Required areas of expertise include ability to:
- Generate trend-based ideas (within Nestle Professional capabilities) and translate and adapt these ideas to our customers operations;
- Demonstrate exemplary culinary skills, strong professional standards and good business acumen;
- Create both new and gold standards recipes;
- Develop innovative products and menu solutions with creative applications that result in sales to our business, and;
- Work collaboratively and effectively with our internal teams.
The job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work directly with National Account Managers (NAM's) to meet or exceed the individual and team goals listed in National Account Dashboard with focus on the key metrics of "Defending", "Year-to-date Sales" and "Close Rate % " goals.
- Organize, schedule and conduct off-site demonstrations with clients to illustrate the benefits of various Nestlé products and their potential applications.
- Develop long-term business relationships with the customer.
- Research, create, write and bench test recipes for clients and internal use.
- Work closely with internal Product Development (PD) teams during all phases of development to ensure culinary accuracy and customer requirements.
- Assist clients in development of new culinary programs utilizing Nestlé products.
- Ability to translate customer needs and project requests to appropriate internal teams in a timely manner that benefits our business and provides solutions for our customers.
- Develop and maintain deep relationships with key decision makers on our customer teams with emphasis and focus on culinary team leaders.
- Demonstrate both broad and deep knowledge of your assigned customers. Keep current on all key developments in their operations that affect our business with awareness of personnel, financial and other factors. Special focus should be on pending food, equipment and menu changes.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to present our capabilities and products to our customers. Lead best-in-class culinary ideations that provide our customer with Nestle solutions and products that are actionable and meet or exceed expectations of the requested session.
Food / Industry Knowledge
- Maintain current and up-to-date on evolving all food and culinary trends with focus on global and domestic influences.
- Possess a well-developed ability to taste and evaluate food with a strong ability to accurately communicate your findings using sensory-based language.
- Produce "gold standard" recipes and products, reproduce customer recipes and create new recipes to serve as representative examples for matching and other purposes by our internal teams.
- Demonstrate excellent overall communications skills. Ability to communicate important details from customer meetings and other interactions to internal team members using communication tools in an accurate and timely manner. Preference is to provide written documentation that includes appropriate support attachments ( i.e. photographs/ call report)
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Culinary Degree required
- Prefer CWC and/or CEC
- Some college (prefer B.A./B.S. in Food Science or related discipline)
10 years experience in field as an Executive Chef or Chef de Cuisine (prefer 10-20 in a variety of venues).
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint (25-30 WPM)
- Hardware/Software competencies: E-mail, faxes, cell phones, voice mail etc.
- Demonstrated written and vernal fluency. Ability to present at all levels.
- Organizational skills to include time/project management skills and the ability to prioritize projects based on business.
- Self-starter: i.e. be able recognize, analyze, develop solutions and initiate problem solving action with very little information and/or direction.
- Ability to coordinate off site training sessions: communicate with on site management; procure, produce and ship food/supplies as needed; produce and ship training materials to site in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate above average problem solving abilities: many problems are abstract in nature.
- Be able to travel extensively utilizing commercial flights, automobile and other forms of transportation (50-75%).
- Understanding of distribution channels and the challenges associated with them.
- Possess thorough Nestlé product knowledge (or demonstrate proficiency within 6 months).