Quality Assurance Manager
POSITION TITLE: Quality Assurance Manager
REPORTING TO: Director, Quality Assurance - Americas
LOCATION: St. Albans, VT
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
With annual sales of CHF 6.7 billion (EUR 6.22 billion / USD 6.91 billion) in fiscal year 2015/16, the Zurich-based Barry Callebaut Group is the world's leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products - from the origination and processing cocoa beans to producing the finest chocolates, including chocolate fillings, decorations and compounds. The Group runs more than 50 production facilities worldwide and employs a diverse and dedicated global workforce of over 9,300 people.
The Barry Callebaut Group serves the entire food industry, from industrial food manufacturers to artisanal and professional users of chocolate, such as chocolatiers, pastry chefs, bakers, hotels, restaurants, and caterers. The two global brands catering to the specific needs of these Gourmet customers are Callebaut® and Cacao Barry®.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The QA Manager will provide auditing support for compliance to Quality Management Systems (QMS) implementation and British Retail Consortium (BRC) food safety standard requirements. This person will provide site guidance, support, and direction to ensure industry standard food safety systems are implemented and effective. The QA Manager will provide customer support for specific product complaints.
- Oversee the implementation and sustainability of quality management systems and food safety systems at the facility
- Oversee support and guidance for obtaining QMS / BRC compliance
- Oversee the implementation and sustainability of corrective action associated with all gaps identified in the internal and external audits
- Ensure government and company minimum requirements and policies are respected
- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI)
- Provide support to correct key customer complaints.
- Provide support for any food safety incident
- Provide coordination of facility inspections/audits aimed at ensuring compliance to BC minimum requirements and continual improvement
- Support 1+ and Quality Culture, Continuous Improvement processes
- Liaise with R&D, production and sales team to assist with effective and efficient new and transferred product execution
- Establish and document sanitation procedures and employee compliance
- Oversee laboratory equipment and QC material supply inventories
The QA Manager will have a solid knowledge of food safety systems to include HACCP, QMS / BRC requirements and a technical knowledge of food safety regulatory requirements. This person must be able to work independently, work well under pressure, be proactive, and handle multiple products simultaneously.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Food Science, or Engineering
- At least 7 years of experience in food safety
- Formal training in HACCP and Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) food safety standards - British Retail Consortium (BRC)
- Formal certification in quality management system auditing (ASQ certification in auditing a plus)
- Sound understanding of food safety regulations
- Ability to drive projects to completion
- Ability to adhere to GMPs and all other food safety requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical ability, leadership ability, and ability to work effectively with a team are required
- Computer software skills: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint