Sales Support Representative
This position will be located in Tipton, Indiana.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com .
As a Sales Support Representative (SSR) you will interact directly with members of the sales team and farmer customers, providing superior customer service and performing grain customer and contract administration tasks. This will include contract entry, contract updates including pricing of futures and basis, and managing addendums and amendments for grain origination and related value-added solutions including Propricing, Minimum Price, On Farm Storage and multiple others. You will be responsible for meeting productivity goals on these activities.
You will also be responsible for key contract controls such as obtaining signatures and position monitoring tasks as assigned. As a key contact for our customers, you will be responsible for directing calls to others as appropriate.
70% Customer Support
Receive in bound calls directly from Cargill's farmer customers and Farm Marketers, executing soft call transfers as appropriate. Help to generate growth by answering basic market, product and service questions, and taking orders to buy or sell grain. Answer contract-related questions.
Perform contract administration activities, including initial contract entry, and modifications such as setting prices, amendments and managing addendums on marketing solutions. Meet productivity goals on contract administration activities, as established by the workforce management process.
Resolve contract, product or service problems by clarifying the customer's issue, determining the case and selecting the best solution. Follow up to ensure the issue is resolved.
30% General Support
Perform control and monitoring functions, including obtaining customer signatures on contracts and grain position monitoring.
Set up and maintain customer account information.
Assist with customer communication updates and mailings, and other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Associate's degree OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 2 years of experience in inside sales or customer service
- 2 years inside sales or customer service experience
- Able to effectively communicate with farmer producers and others within the team
- Proven ability to accurately and consistently execute complex and detailed processes and procedures
- Proven influencing skills
- Proven ability to work effectively across all levels of organization and functions.
- Strong PC skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to work extended or flexible hours as seasonal workloads require
- Grain merchandising knowledge
- Familiarity with production agriculture
- Familiarity with Lynx or other ERP application