- Responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of ammonia refrigeration and HVAC utility equipment/systems.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Starts systems and observes operation.
- Read gauges and instruments and adjust mechanisms to control level of fluid, pressure and temperature in system.
- Maintain proper functioning of refrigeration systems.
- Use knowledge of water chemistry to maintain and service equipment.
- Maintain monitoring of public utilities used by the building.
- Respond to emergency calls regarding refrigeration on production floor.
- Ensure continued production operation as it relates to refrigeration equipment.
- Dismantle malfunctioning system and test components using electrical mechanical and pneumatic testing equipment.
- Other duties assigned.
· Manufacturing experience preferred.
· Associate must have at least 3 years of experience in the operation, repair and maintenance of refrigeration and HVAC and utility equipment/systems.
· Must be experienced in ammonia refrigeration and electrical controls.
· EPA refrigerant recovery certification
· HAZMAT training certification preferred.
· Must have legible handwriting with attention to detail.
· Must be able to climb stairs and stand for long periods of time.
· Detect and understand warning lights, buzzers, alarms or instruments indicating hazardous conditions or circumstances which may cause equipment or product loss and physical harm.
· Must observe good manufacturing practices (GMPs)
· Must follow safety rules and procedures.
· Must be able to work at least 40 hours per week on an assigned shift with some daily overtime and weekend overtime.
· High school diploma or GED preferred.