*Sales Representative - Relief - Full Time - 40 HR/WK - CDL B Required - Pittsburgh, PA
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
As one of “The World's Most Admired Food Companies” in Fortune magazine, Nestlé provides quality brands that bring flavor to life every day. The Nestlé Dreyer's Ice Cream division serves to provide world class service to frozen grocery accounts across the country. Products include industry leading brands such as DIGIORNO pizza, DRUMSTICK ice cream snacks, and HӒAGEN-DAZS premium ice cream.
This position is the entry point to fill front line selling positions including Sales Representative Relief, Sales Representative and Pre-Sales Representative as openings occur. The Sales Utility position is an entry-level position selling Nestlé's frozen products. This position will provide relief coverage to the District Sales Leader and Sales Representatives and to provide coverage for Sales Representatives in their absence. The Sales Utility may also be called on to cover open routes due to vacancies within a district. This role will provide customer service, maintain sales in store and serve as the contact person while they provide relief support to specific retail accounts.
• Work as a sales relief, filling temporary vacancies for Sales Representatives
• Will require coverage across broad geographies - may require overnight visits
• Perform Sales calls and open new accounts, as planned in conjunction with the District team
• Identify and act on selling opportunities, utilize problem solving techniques to respond to competitor activities, maintain/increase space
• Perform merchandising responsibilities in support of Sales Reps
• Perform product resets according to agreed upon plan-o-grams and schedules
• Execute perfect service, ensure stores set to schematic, flavor to tag, execute promotional displays, and keep back stock organized ell all authorized programs as well as incremental selling opportunities
• Manages inventory and rotates product on an on-going basis in all accounts; rotates stock and replaces outdated or damaged product
• Acts with a sense of urgency to service calls from customers due to increased programming and or unforeseen circumstances, follows store service schedules
• Uses prepared sell sheets to sell programs, SKUs, distribution voids, shippers, and displays
• Ensures proper display and pricing of all products, and utilizes all available promotional materials
• Operates Company vehicles safely and courteously if needed; responsible for timely product deliveries and coordination with back room receivers and store personnel if needed
• Communicate directly with team members on issues, openly share ideas with others, encourage performance in others, give feedback when needed, and train new employees when applicable
JOB ESSENTIALS/ ATTRIBUTES:
• Effective sales and presentation skills to drive for results and win in the marketplace
• Ability to practice safe working habits at all times
• Initiative: Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
• Energy: Maintains high activity/productivity level. Operates with sense of urgency, efficiency, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time.
• Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable and professional performance under pressure or opposition
• Detail: Strives to understand the details. Balances, analyzes and takes appropriate action. Solid planning, detail oriented and organization skills.
• Communication: Presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries with the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and store personnel. Ability to influence others.
• Teamwork: Can work in group or alone; oriented towards the good of the whole. Contain ability to build rapport and good working relationship with multiple store personnel, including Store Managers, Assistant Store Managers and Frozen Food Managers, as well as co-workers.
• Manage job professionally and with a high level of organization
• Ability to effectively deal with change and adversity in the work place, and work in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrate ability to deliver consistent results while building organization capabilities.
• Ability to respond to change with positive attitude, offer suggestions for improvements to increase effectiveness of change, support new initiatives, and maintain an open mind.
We recommend you watch the following video that describes the job in more detail.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Must be at least 21 years of age for DOT covered positions
• High School Diploma / GED equivalent
• Must have reliable transportation to and from work
• Must have a valid, unrestricted Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) or a Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP) with ability to obtain a Class B CDL within 30 days of hire, with a driving record satisfactory to established company requirements
• Successful completion of post offer background checks, drug screen, DOT physical and motor vehicle report
• Must live within 50 miles or 60 minutes of primary work location
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which may include early morning/late night hours; Willing to work any day of the week, weekends, Holidays and required over-time as specific to role
• Some travel coverage across broad geographies and potential overnight visits
• Must possess basic math and computer skills
• Ability to use computer ordering equipment
• Ability to work safely
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• 1-2 years of experience owning/operating a truck preferred
• 1-2 years of Selling experience preferred
• 1-2 years of DSD/Consumer Package Goods industry/Grocery experience preferred
This description should not be construed to contain every responsibility that an incumbent in this job may be required to perform. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
Apply for *Sales Representative - Relief - Full Time - 40 HR/WK - CDL B Required - Pittsburgh, PA
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly