Manager, Field SHE (Maryland, Pennsauken/Baltimore/Lanham)
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed. Nestlé Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
ReadyRefresh by Nestlé
ReadyRefresh by Nestlé is one of the most visible parts of the Nestlé Waters business, delivering healthy hydration to customers where they need it most. It's another example of how we are committed to helping people maintain a healthy lifestyle. You've no doubt seen our trucks on the road, on their way to bring our water and tea products to thirsty consumers. Our drivers and unit leaders are the backbone of the ReadyRefresh team. By joining this fast-growing area of our organization you'll have the opportunity to share in our mission with a real sense of ownership and the freedom to succeed in your role. It's a chance to apply your skills and experience to work that's as challenging as it is rewarding. Whether collaborating as team to deliver superior customer service or making a lasting impact with your individual accomplishments, you'll be an essential and valuable element of our success. We'll make sure you receive the support, benefits and development you need to build the perfect career.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Field SHE reporting to the ReadyRefresh National SHE Director and based in the Mid-Atlantic Zone. This position will be responsible for Provide functional leadership and technical guidance across all parts of the site/unit to enable staff to realize their SH&E goals and create pride in their achievements.
Key responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
• Align to Compelling SHE Vision: Align stakeholders to a compelling vision for SH&E, aligned with ReadyRefresh strategy. Champion Nestle SHE policies and regulatory compliance activities / execution. Inspire the sites/region to embrace SH&E values, excel in compliance & continuously improve, leveraging NCE foundations and NIMS (management systems).
• Investigate Incidents & Monitor Performance: Continuously build leader competencies and improve incident investigations efforts to ensure identification of root causes & action plans. Accountable for quality of SHE data collection, and other tools for reporting, collating & analyzing data.
• Manage High Hazard Tasks: Implement the permit-to-work program to manage high-hazard tasks, incorporating risk prediction and aligned with Nestlé philosophy. Accountable as SME to support sustainability improvements and comply with waste, storm water, waste water, spill prevention, regulatory reporting and emergency response.
• Plan for Emergencies: Coordinate development of response plans & capability for relevant emergency situations, injuries & illnesses, fire, explosions.
• Drive Behavioral Change: Serve as SME in SHE engagement/messaging to front line and FL leaders. Drive & enable sustained behavioral change. Champion a "no-harm culture" & integrate the Nestle Safety Leadership Basic Behaviors and NLF for field leaders and employees. Ensure execution of SHE behavioral feedback processes, aligned with Nestlé/ReadyRefresh policies.
Key measures for this position include but are not limited to:
• GI-18.000 Policy on S&H at Work
• Gi-14000 The Policy on Environmental Sustainability.
• FCA scores and audit scores
• GI-18.056 Investigation & Reporting of Injuries, Illnesses & Near Misses; GI-18.010 Notification and Investigation of SH&E Major Incidents
• FCA scores relative to GI-18.047 Management of High Hazard Tasks; NER
• GI-18.001 Occupational H&S Mgmt. System
• FCA and Gate Assessments relative to GI-18.005 Safety Leadership Basic Behaviors; GI-18.006 Caring through Feedback
Key qualifications for this position include but are not limited to:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent experience. For those planning a career in SH&E: advanced degree and/ or SHE professional certifications (CSP, ARM, CHMM, etc.) or equivalent
• 20%-50% travel
• Took ownership of SH&E and drove change through personal leadership.
• Analyzed SHE incidents to identify multiple root causes.
• Audited to close process gaps and drive performance improvements.
• Influenced behavioral change in a team/department.
• Worked on cross-functional teams.
• Translated policies & standards into practical action plans.
• Coached individuals and teams in different environments.
• Held one or more line (or project) management positions.
• Worked in operational or industrial environment.
• Communicated effectively with different organizational levels.
• Took proactive approach to anticipate issues or improve current practices.
We offer competitive pay based on education, experience, and other qualifications. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, flex, life, disability, EAP, 401(k) with match, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brands are Nestea, Tradewinds and Sweet Leaf. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?