Sr. Accounting & Finance (A&F) Analyst
This role will be part of the newly formed Function Finance team providing support for multiple Functions (IT, HR, CSSP, CTL, Law, R&D, Plant Ops, etc.) with primary responsibility for Finance Leadership, Executive Team, Facility Services and Corporate Aircraft. The Sr. Accounting and Finance (A&F) Analyst role is a challenging opportunity to learn the complexities of Cargill's Functions utilizing strong accounting, problem solving and communication skills.
This person will serve a critical business partnering role and be the first point of contact for the assigned functions. In addition, the role works closely with other Accounting & Finance (A&F) and Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) resources. Development will include gaining experience with global management reporting, business partnering skills, and financial analysis.
Accounting & Finance (70-80%):
• Lead and/or participate in the budget process for assigned functions. Understand and document key budget drivers and assumptions.
• Analyze key management reports and metrics to add insights and recommend actions to improve results
• Provide financial and business analysis on projects and key initiatives including business case preparation and commitment models.
• Responsible for timely and accurate financial and management reporting
• Responsible for the PL close ensuring compliance with fiduciary, statutory and reporting obligations
• Prepare and analyze forecasts and finalize key financial and business presentations
• Function risk and control activities including understanding key risks for assigned functions and playing an advisory role to ensure proper risk and controls are in place.
Financial Planning & Analysis (20-30%):
• Business Partner and Leadership - As the first point of contact for assigned function, serve as an effective business partner which includes understanding the assigned Function's Strategy and Key Priorities, identifying and delivering value creation opportunities for those functions, and identifying areas for continuous improvement.
• Lead the identification of key trends and issues based on actual and forecasted data including reviewing monthly variance reports. Lead and promote the sharing of ideas, best practices and lessons learned.
• Identify analytics needs of Functions via a comprehensive understanding of their business and collaboration with its stakeholders.