Regional Tax Analyst EMEA
Barry Callebaut is the heart and engine of the cocoa and chocolate industry. We are looking for Regional Tax Analyst EMEA in Switzerland (CH) for Zurich (CHWP). Our broad range of products and services span all aspects from cocoa sourcing to fine chocolate products, which are loved by people of all ages worldwide. We are passionate about our business and work hard every day to ensure that there is enough chocolate in the world. Nothing is more important to our success than the combined expertise of more than 9000 Barry Callebaut employees around the world. Our international focus in the fascinating world of cocoa-growing and chocolate are the colorful backdrop for our many functions across a wide range of disciplines. In addition to sharing a passion for chocolate, Barry Callebaut employees live our other corporate values every day - customer focus, entrepreneurship, integrity and team spirit. We are committed to making sure that they have the right skills, know-how and deep understanding of our customers and their needs. Engaging and developing our employees is the key to our success. Because our business focus is so broad, the scope of career opportunities within Barry Callebaut can cover many functional areas.
The Tax Analyst analyzes and interprets tax regulations and prepares required tax reports so that the organization is able to meet its tax obligations and objectives. The incumbent confers with the Tax Manager on the interpretation of conducted tax analysis and reports.
- Work closely with Regional Tax Manager and support in providing advice and assistance to various business stakeholders and local finance team on tax related matters/ queries
- Support in designing regional tax strategies and implementing tax efficient structures
- Assist in developing and implementing transfer pricing policies, preparing and updating/ maintaining contemporaneous transfer pricing documentations
- Proactively support in the preparation of defence documents and coordinate the compilation of data/ information to address tax audits on a timely basis
- Provide high-level guidance on tax accounting and tax reporting/ tax provisioning to the local finance teams in the region
- Assist in the analysis of income tax reporting on local and regional level
- Liaise with the local finance teams and Accounting centre of expertise and attend to strategic tax compliance related enquires
- Participate in developing and improving tax processes and internal controls to enhance the regional tax compliance and tax efficiency
- Proactively research and stay updated of key tax law changes that may have implications for the business in the region
- Support in managing/ mitigating potential tax risks and identifying potential tax opportunities
- Demonstrate ability to manage relationships with tax authorities/ agencies
Bachelor / Master Degree in Business, Finance, Law or similar
- Equipped with 3-4 years of relevant working experience in handling International Tax and Transfer Pricing, preferably with the Big 4 accounting firms and/or comparable role in a multinational enterprise; understanding of income tax regulations of Switzerland and Belgium is advantageous
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Good communication skills with an ability to clearly communicate on tax technical issues
- Confident and mature individual who is a team player and who is also capable of working independently when required with a sense of discipline and responsibility
- Enthusiastic and motivated self-starter who is willing to learn and take on challenges
- Strong analytical skills with an eye for details and able to work well under stress
Our strength comes from the passion and expertise of our people. As we strive to create an environment in which our people can continue to learn and develop their skills on an ongoing basis, it is our goal to encourage entrepreneurship and creativity. Apply for one of our interesting positions today and start a great career in the world of cocoa and chocolate.