2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Hygienist provides direction / leadership for factory GMP, sanitation, Pest Control and hygienic design programs. This position ensures that the Quality Management System is consistently applied throughout the factory within the guidelines of hygienic practices. The function is the guardian of hygiene and sanitation compliance monitoring systems administered by the Quality Department. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of sanitation/GMP principles, methods, and technology. Key position within the Quality Team providing expertise and support to the Operations department and Management staff, aiming to continuously improve overall hygiene programs and fostering a cross departmental quality and compliance mind-set.
- Ensures that factory sanitation programs are effectively implemented, validated, and maintained to ensure that all products are manufactured in a sanitary environment. This includes assessment of the sanitation and hygiene of the facility environment (internal/external) as well as the processing and supporting equipment. Ensures that validated SSOP's (Sanitation SOP's) are in place for all sanitation and cross-contact (including allergen) management needs. Ensures that effective/efficient cleaning frequency is managed through an MSS (Master Sanitation Schedule). Coordinates activities with sanitation and operations managers to ensure the consistent execution of program procedures. Ensures that the cleaning program complies with Nestlé internal policies and procedures, as well as with any regulatory (Federal, State, Local) requirements. Acts as the primary contact with Third-party Sanitation partner and ensure that joint factory-specific objectives are established and achieved.
- Manages the factory Integrated Pest Management Program (IPM) and ensures that it has been implemented and maintained effectively to support a pest-free environment. The factory hygienist must be knowledgeable and trained in IPM principles. As manager of this program, the hygienist will be the primary contact with Third-party Pest Control Partner and ensure that joint factory-specific objectives are established and achieved.
- Actively involved in hygienic design and zoning review process at the factory for existing and new processes as well as the facility structure, including early management of design and capital review process. Provides leadership/direction in hygienic design.
- Administers and manages the factory Sanitation/GMP/ and other related hygiene inspection programs. This includes the management and communication of a formalized Corrective Action process to drive continuous improvement.
- Coordinates hygiene training and development of employees for all factory hygiene programs (areas include: sanitation, GMP, Pest Control, allergens, and hygienic engineering). Promotes quality/hygiene awareness throughout the factory through coaching, training and participation in communication meetings. Actively participates in the delivery of quality training for the factory and contractors.
- Active member of the factory HACCP and Food Safety teams. Duties include identification of hazards and controls related to processes and environment, supporting PRP verification activities and providing the link with these activities back to the Food Safety team.
SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and Nestlé guidelines pertaining to safety, health, and environment..
- Takes an active role in supporting behavior-based safety.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
B.S. Degree in Microbiology, Food Science /Technology, Food Sanitation or related field required.
Prefer individual with AIB/ASI or some other professional GMP/Sanitation training.
Prefer individual completed Pest control training (i.e. State Pesticide Certification, Purdue Correspondence Course).
Minimum of 5-7 years in Food Plant Sanitation / Supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge in Food Safety / HACCP / 5S & GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices).
Basic knowledge in Hygienic Design, Quality Management, Competent in analytical / microbiological lab environment
Effective communication skills and ability to train and facilitate. Has good supervisory skills.
Courage to escalate; Strategic thinker; Self motivation
Mental stamina to resolve issues day in and day out
Developed coaching skills
Ability to interpret data and make decisions on that basis
Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
Ability to set priorities and delegate activities
Ability to dialogue with all levels in the factory
Computer skills to include proficiency with the Microsoft Office Software
Apply for Facility Hygienist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly