Architectural Engineering Manager
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Provide engineering professional and technical support to the engineering function within the market in all aspects related to design, construction and maintenance of buildings for food factories and distribution centers. Market champion for hygienic design of buildings. Key assistant to the Market Chief Engineer.
- Provide building design expertise in food manufacturing facilities and distribution centers.
- Market Champion for Hygienic Design of buildings. Co-leader of the Hygienic Engineering initiative.
- Provide preliminary building design and cost estimates, based on regulatory and code requirements, hygienic design principles, as well as safety, risk management and building security concepts.
- Provide support to project management on building and site development related issues.
- Provide support to the factories and distribution centers on building related issues.
- Monitor progress and quality control regarding building construction.
- Provides technical support on building related issues to internal and/or external AutoCAD designers.
- Review and validate architectural and structural drawings generated by internal and/or externals.
- Provide technical support to Quality Management, Safety/Health and Environmental Groups on building related issues.
- Part of the team validating contractors for building related issues.
- Review and validate design/build packages prepared by external resources. Create, update, and maintain architectural design and specification, hygienic design, standards and guidelines.
- Network with Nestec CO-Eng/A C, other Nestle Companies in the USA and Canada and other markets.
- Expert on roofing systems, industrial flooring and industrial finishes.
- Provide support on the usage of the Nestle logo on buildings and structures. Validate the design.
- Participate in the Value Engineering Analysis (VEA's) review of projects.
- Knowledge of civil engineering, building construction law and office space planning.
- Expert in International Building Code and American Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Propose and implement work processes, procedures and technical resources in accordance with the Engineering Policy, Key Principles and the Engineering Activities as outlined in the Nestlé Engineering Excellence (NEE) master document.
- Demonstrate and promote the company's values and integrate them into Engineering.
- Amount of Travel: 50-60% of the time
- Ensure that all the regulatory and Nestle principles on product safety/quality, people safety and environment are included on the design, construction and maintenance of buildings. Exhibits an attitude of absolute intolerance for unsafe situations and never implements any change, whether directly instructed to, or under your own initiative, without first questioning its impact in relation to. No compromises will be tolerated.
- Encourage the integration of the corporate values into the local culture. This includes the "Nestlé Corporate Business principles" and "Nestlé Management and Leadership Principles".
- Ensure that all efforts in building design, construction and maintenance are driven towards a "low cost, highly efficient" operation.
- Ensure that the full requirements of the “client” are included in the building design and construction.
- Maintain close links with the CO-Eng/A C in respect to buildings, and that the procedures to protect Nestlé's technological know-how are actively being implemented across the market.
- Encourage continuous improvement, networking and sharing information within engineering such that it becomes a key pillar of the engineering culture
- Coordinate with other corporate functions the implementation and execution of best practices on buildings across the market.
- Train other engineers on Hygienic Design for Buildings.
- Participate in audits of buildings as needed.
- Support the factories and the distribution centers on the capital and operating budget preparations. Validate proposed technical solutions for capital projects and Extraordinary Maintenance jobs involving buildings.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture, or related field
- Architectural license or NCARB certificate.
- General Building Contractor license is desirable.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Food Building design.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with general architectural codes and regulations.
- Working experience with design/build companies.
General and professional skills
- Strong technical and leadership skills.
- In-depth knowledge of hygienic building design, code requirements and legal responsibilities in contract and specifications.
- Ability to work in team.
- Analytical skills in problem solving.
- High level of motivation and self-management.
- Ability to generate, organize and maintain construction specifications.
- Strong understanding of Project Engineering/Management.
- MS Office/MS Project, Visio.
Apply for Architectural Engineering Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly