Nestlé Nutrition (Gerber) is seeking a highly motivated Legal Coordinator to join the Corporate Legal team in Florham Park, NJ.
This position will be responsible to coordinate and support the Nestle Nutrition Legal Department on a variety of litigation, commercial, administrative, regulatory and compliance matters.
The primary responsibilities for this role are:
1. Contracts (35% of the time): Responsibilities include file creation and maintenance, assisting in the drafting various types of contracts and statements of work, coordinating with business partners, and, for certain types of contracts, tracking and managing key dates.
2. Coordination of Discovery Responses (20% of the time): Responsibilities include organizing responses according to legal proceedings, requesting information from the business, consolidating responses, evaluating relevance, and preparing submissions to courts, governmental agencies or outside counsel.
3. Employment/HR support and Subpoenas (20% of the time): Responsibilities include organizing according to legal standards, providing general support to HR on legal matters, classifying documents, coordinating with HR and business, electronic Bates labeling, and drafting cover letter with objections.
4. Coordination of Legal team projects (10% of the time): Assisting in the creation, support and implementation of key legal functional projects such as E-discovery, matter management, litigation support, document retention, compliance and ways of working, etc.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Draft routine correspondence, affidavits, and/or other legal documentation
• Administer various Legal and Compliance Trainings (schedule, invitations, and evaluation feedback) and roll out of annual Business Ethics Questionnaire (BEQ)
• Tracking Continuing Legal Education (CLE) requirements for in-house attorneys and working with outside counsel to develop and administer CLE programs
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree is preferred.
• A minimum of (5) years' experience as a paralegal or legal assistant working in a law firm, corporate law department, legal firm or in a high volume, fast paced corporate litigation department is required.
• A Notary license is desired.
• Knowledge of electronic discovery processes and IT systems is preferred.
• General knowledge of legal department or litigation with emphasis on discovery, litigation process, and general corporate legal matters
• Knowledge of the judicial system and procedures with emphasis on an understanding of the rules governing discovery, electronic discovery and service of process
• knowledge and understanding of the wage garnishment process
• Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures;
• Proficient in Word and Excel
• Exemplary organizational skills for prioritizing and handling multiple projects and tasks;
• Advanced working knowledge of legal research principles, methods, techniques, and resources;
• Strong investigative and problem resolution skills;
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate complex legal information to non -lawyers;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
• Good business judgment; initiative; the ability to take independent and decisive action; the judgment to know when to seek advice; and the capability to manage and impart confidential information.
• High ethical standards
• Attentive to detail, strong organizational skills, and inter personal skills